file Submission: Sabbat Loyalty

25 Sep 2017 13:00 #83639 by ReverendRevolver

Similar to Freak Drive. It can be blocked, it's not a surprise action modifier, only usable once per turn, requires another Sabbat vampire and if you don't have a Bishop the acting vampire doesn't unlock. But yes, it does mean Sabbat clans that don't normally have access to gain multiple actions would have a new option.

Careful with unlock cards. It's a powerful effect, in fact it's one of fortitudes only "things". Trifle actions ( that untap as part of something else) are normally safe, but things that just untap are freak drive, take 2 disciplines and require successfully acting or paying blood, having serpentid succeeding and paying 2, or failing with CEL and untapping.
Diluding theme from Celerity and or fortitude is easy to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2017 22:07 #83688 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Sabbat Loyalty
I am not planning on more updates for this card, this card plays very similar to Patronage. I tried a pool cost for this card (similar to patronage) and found that it made the card too weak. The card can be played for value by locking a younger Sabbat vampire to unlock an older Sabbat vampire. The card is very powerful with a Bishop and definitely succeeds in the goal of making Bishop title more desirable. I think a blood cost is fair, but if playtest finds that it isn't enough of cost, then I would suggest making it cost a Bishop an additional blood to unlock at the end of the action.

More
01 Oct 2017 04:47 #83693 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Sabbat Loyalty
Updated to add flavor text and art notes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds