file Submission: Anarch Call to Arms

11 Sep 2017 15:55 - 01 Oct 2017 04:17 #83494 by jblacey
Name: Anarch Call to Arms
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Capacity: NA
Discipline: NA
Clan: NA
+1 Stealth. Requires an Anarch vampire. Only one Anarch Call to Arms can be played each turn. Increase by +1 your hand size for each Anarch vampire with an attached Sweeper until your next discard phase and equip up to one equipment card from your hand onto each of your ready Anarch vampires (pay costs as normal).

World of Darkness reference: Anarch vampires are often militant in their organization and when they arm a community, everyone gets equipment. From their perspective they are the vampiric minority. They have to be prepared to defend against the Camarilla, the Sabbat, and the Kuei-jin. Unlike the Camarilla which tend to restrict weapon use or the Sabbat that prize vampiric qualities over the use of technology, the Anarchs fully support using gear and the training of new Anarchs to support against incursions. Anarch Quartermasters store and distribute the gear with the help of Anarch Sweepers. Anarch Sweepers are census takers, they know the abilities, skills, and can identify vampires that can be trusted.

For reference this is the Sweeper card: www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=1179
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Anarch

How does this card address a compelling game need?: After playing Anarchs with a wide discipline spread, it is very nice change of pace to play an equipment based Anarch deck. Creating a gear based Anarch deck is challenging, especially since the normal equip action only attaches one equipment card per action. I considered allowing one vampire to equip multiple cards (similar to Pack Alpha), but feel that allowing each Anarch to get gear handed out is more thematic. I can say that throwing down multiple equipment cards from one action feels "fun". Since you still have to pay for the cards, it really isn't as unbalanced as it might seem. As a safety measure it is restricted to once per turn.

Created by: Justin Lacey

Update: September 20th 2017

The increased hand size is necessary to guarantee enough cards in hand for the equip clause to reasonably put an equipment card on each ready Anarch. I considered allowing it to pull cards directly from the library but that was way too powerful. Most of the time this version means that you have around a 10 hand size for a turn and get 2-3 equipment cards in play with one action.

Anarch Call to Arms
1 :blood:
:action:
+1 Stealth. Requires an Anarch vampire. Only one Anarch Call to Arms can be played each turn. Gain +1 hand size for each ready Anarch vampire you control until your next discard phase. Equip up to one equipment card from your hand onto each of your ready Anarch vampires (pay costs as normal).

Update: October 1st 2017

Forgot art notes and flavor text

Flavor text: “There’s only one way to survive the darkness: make it fear you.” — Smiling Jack
Art notes: Smiling Jack holding an assortment of guns and surrounded by various ammo boxes.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2017 04:17 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 16:11 #83496 by ReverendRevolver
Honestly, dropping the whole sweeper part makes it flow better. I get the drawing more equipment, but possibly making it cost X and letting your hand get +x until eot would still let you drop equipment?

Even an Angel of Berlin style card for anarchs with a mass dropping of weapons would help equip them.

Like the idea alot, just not a fan of a new cool equipping outlet to rely on an AE junk rate, and that's before the complaints about alienating new players start.....

More
11 Sep 2017 16:30 - 11 Sep 2017 16:34 #83498 by jblacey
The sweeper text is awkward and unnecessary I know, just trying to incorporate existing cards into the design with a temporary increased hand size. Looking at this card realistically, you are going to drop on the average 3 equipment cards onto 3 vampires with this card and it costs a blood. You are limited by the number of equipment cards in your hand and the number of Anarchs you have on the table and if you have multiple of these cards in your hand, you can't play them in the same turn.

Dropping the sweeper text would look like this...

Anarch Call to Arms
1 :blood:
:action:
+1 Stealth. Requires an Anarch vampire. Only one Anarch Call to Arms can be played each turn. Equip up to one equipment card from your hand onto each of your ready Anarch vampires (pay costs as normal).

before the complaints about alienating new players start.....

Actually, this design more friendly to new players as cheap equipment is easy to come by, cheap Anarchs exist in the printable sets, and it would be really easy to build a learn to play deck using this card. The most immediate abusive combo with this card I could find was dropping Camera Phones onto a bunch of weenie Anarchs, but that really isn't worse than Sabbat weenies using Fiendish Tongue using Target Vitals... and it dies to the exact same cards. That said the Anarch version is considerably more fun because you have multiple varied deck designs.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2017 16:34 by jblacey.

More
11 Sep 2017 17:26 - 11 Sep 2017 17:32 #83499 by ReverendRevolver
I run an anarch malkd wall with Dana and Victoria. While I haven't tested it with AU stuff, running NRA. Pac with madness network is interesting, and that is the only super crazy thing mass equip could do:
I bleed with 3-4 anarch malks. Play this card, get phones n guns n vests.
Untap @eot, bleed, get equipment, untap...

You eventually stop getting equipment, so not really game breaking.... basically gets everyone a camera phone and an untap once reliably I guess....
Last edit: 11 Sep 2017 17:32 by ReverendRevolver.

More
11 Sep 2017 17:32 #83500 by jblacey
I am thinking Guns and Phones might be a deck. Either Anarch Malks, Brujah or Toreador with a few guns, camera phones and a few leather jackets seems like a simple easy deck to build.

More
20 Sep 2017 16:11 #83604 by jblacey
Updated and replaced the sweeper text.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds