file Keeping Up

24 Oct 2017 06:30 #83989 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Keeping Up
May you shoul update the cardtext to reflect those clarifications.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2017 06:44 #83991 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Keeping Up

May you shoul update the cardtext to reflect those clarifications.

The way I wrote it makes sense to me, and does not need clarification. Please enlighten me how you would make it more clear. And the purpose of making this open on a public form, is that someone else can improve upon the text and make it more clear.

Please correct me, give me insight or prove me wrong. Don't tell me to "fix it" without offering a solution.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
24 Oct 2017 13:08 #83993 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Keeping Up
"Each unlock" is not correct, and that's why it was confusing me. "Each time a minion unlocks" is a proper way of expressing what you meant, unless I got it wrong once again.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Oct 2017 13:26 - 24 Oct 2017 13:35 #83994 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Keeping Up
Keeping Up
:action:
:for: Put this card on this minion. Lock this card to Unlock this vampire. Keeping Up does not unlock during your unlock phase. Once each time one of your predators minions unlock outside of the unlock phase, you may unlock a Keeping Up you control.
:FOR: As above, and unlock this minion.

Frankly, I'd drop the "outside thier unlock phase" part and add a one per minion clause for the card. So, neighbor John, jephta and joa all have keeping up tapped, your predators turn starts and they can tap it to untap, then if your predators playing Abbot, freak drive, etc, it unlocks again. At that, it's worth a blood, but reliability if triggering goes way up.
As is, I fixed you use of unlock and untap and split the functions into a sentence for lock effect, unlock restriction, and unlock trigger. Also changed vapire on basic to match minion at superior. If
you meant to use both, minion on basic Vampire for superior would be fine.All based upon your input to other posters.

Rewording submissions is normally 2 parts:
Making your idea mirror existing wording
Then
Breaking sentences so that non-native English speakers and new players have less difficulty with wording.

What I posted doesn't"flow" great, but it's structured.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2017 13:35 by ReverendRevolver.

More
25 Oct 2017 06:43 #84003 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Keeping Up
Keeping Up
:action:
:for: Put this card on this minion. Lock this card to Unlock this minion. Keeping Up does not unlock during any unlock phase. Each time one of your predators minions unlock, you may unlock a single Keeping Up you control.
:FOR: As above, and unlock this minion.

Simplified text, and made it to minion so some corner case screwball cases can be created.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
26 Oct 2017 06:39 #84018 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Keeping Up

"Each unlock" is not correct, and that's why it was confusing me. "Each time a minion unlocks" is a proper way of expressing what you meant, unless I got it wrong once again.

"each unlock" and "each time a minion unlocks" means the same thing to me. Two commenters after you read the idea and provided a constructive revision.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds