file Reverse Psychology

25 Oct 2017 07:33 #84005 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Reverse Psychology
The whole idea is messy and require too many clarifications;

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2017 06:30 #84016 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Reverse Psychology

Effect 1: Untapped minions cannot block this action. OK.
Effect 2: Wakes do not work this action.
Effect 3: Everyone has a Wake this action.

It does not work that way. Effect 2 would affect any wakes played this action, including any played after your card, and including Effect 3 on the card itself. Unless you want provide a wake effect without using the keyword, but that would be terrible design. Effect 2 should just be removed.

Actually, I don't feel it works that way. A Wake effect is that a minion may attempt to block and play reactions as if untapped. The "Effect 3" you state is worded in "Reverse Psychology" as "Minions who are locked may attempt to block this action."

Very specifically, this does not involve the ability to play reactions. In this case, unlocked or woken minions may still play reactions but not block, and locked minions may not play reactions.

A "wake" effect is played by a reaction minion. In this case, the action modifier does not provide a "wake" effect to other minions.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
26 Oct 2017 06:31 #84017 by direwolf

The whole idea is messy and require too many clarifications;

Haha. If the concept has merit, it can be worked to something that requires less clarifications. If not.... well there are plenty of official cards that are complicated.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
26 Oct 2017 12:26 - 26 Oct 2017 12:29 #84022 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Reverse Psychology

Actually, I don't feel it works that way. A Wake effect is that a minion may attempt to block and play reactions as if untapped. The "Effect 3" you state is worded in "Reverse Psychology" as "Minions who are locked may attempt to block this action."

Please refer to my previous point about terrible design. The game has keywords. Use them. If you can't, then that should be a pretty strong sign that the card is bad idea.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2017 12:29 by Boris The Blade.

More
27 Oct 2017 06:25 #84031 by direwolf

Please refer to my previous point about terrible design. The game has keywords. Use them. If you can't, then that should be a pretty strong sign that the card is bad idea.

This game is based largely on not having keywords. In the past, I've talked about adding keywords, and my suggestions have been rejection.

An effect "this minion may act as if untapped" becomes a keyword: "wake."

Great.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds