file [Submission] Shadow Clone

25 Oct 2017 07:44 - 26 Oct 2017 15:39 #84006 by Ankha
Name: Shadow Clone
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Obtenebration
+1 stealth action.
[obt] Lock a ready ally controlled by another Methuselah, and put this card in play; it becomes a copy of that ally with 1 life that does not contest that ally. That ally does not unlock as normal during its unlock phase.
[OBT] As above, with 2 life.

EDIT : added the "controlled by another Methuselah" restriction
EDIT: changed to starting life
EDIT: removed starting life, it's not abusable anyway.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 26 Oct 2017 15:39 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2017 12:24 #84008 by ScoundrelAtHeart
as it looks now the vampire you copied keeps beeing locked as long as the shadow clone is in play. You should add a clause that makes this clear

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
25 Oct 2017 14:05 - 25 Oct 2017 14:19 #84012 by ReverendRevolver
So, it's very unrestricted.

Nehemiah summon history Remnant of the endless storm, untaps with Domain of Evernight. Makes a copy.
Dame and ermanjelio and isanowen all make copies.

Next untap, I have 4 remnant of the endless storm, 3 with 3 life, one with 2. If I run a weenie setite, I can push the original off the towers for 5 pool.

Or,

Meno negari recruits a tunnel runner. Ermanjelio, dame, isanowen, Andrew, and one or both laibon lasombra all make copies. I bring our Jacob fermer.

I now have 5-6 3 life 2 bleed rats who can burn a life for stealth. And can continue to crank them out at such a rate every turn.

I can replicate this with Ponticulus to have an army of blockers immune to non-agg who can get much intercept, with Carlton for defense as well.

Mylan times a billion could give some shmuck tons of actions and lots of 1 bleeders.

Abdosebek gets nephran ka, freak drives to get tutu. He can use his special to untap Ka, tutu uses his to untap after the aforementioned crew of faeries and lasombra crank out extras.

It seems stupid good to me. And "you can block it" doesn't go far, since it's a stealth discipline. If you pack enough Earth melds, imagine how many Satyrs you could get.....

Last ones: impundulu and gregory winters. Whole crypt lasombra/kiasyd. Now, recruit both, keep making copies. Pick off anyone who goes low enough with horse shoes. Maybe rumble arms of the abyss entomb your Uber blockers like neighbor John or Carna.
Group 2: all those OBT guys with weenies malks and muddled Vampire hunters. Get like 10 copies and throw Target vitals, glancing blows, etc.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2017 14:19 by ReverendRevolver.

More
25 Oct 2017 16:11 #84013 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic [Submission] Shadow Clone

as it looks now the vampire you copied keeps beeing locked as long as the shadow clone is in play. You should add a clause that makes this clear

It not a vampire that is copied, but an ally. And yes, as long as the copy is in play, the copied ally does not unlock as normal (per cardtext).

Nehemiah summon history Remnant of the endless storm, untaps with Domain of Evernight. Makes a copy.

Next untap, I have 4 remnant of the endless storm, 3 with 3 life, one with 2. If I run a weenie setite, I can push the original off the towers for 5 pool.

All copies have either 1 life (inferior) or 2 life (superior). I think you misread the card.

My first thought was to copy allies from other players. Maybe it would avoid abuses.

Prince of Paris, France

More
26 Oct 2017 01:51 #84015 by narpassword

It not a vampire that is copied, but an ally. And yes, as long as the copy is in play, the copied ally does not unlock as normal (per cardtext).

All copies have either 1 life (inferior) or 2 life (superior). I think you misread the card.

Remnant gains life if below 4 though

More
26 Oct 2017 11:31 #84020 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic [Submission] Shadow Clone

Remnant gains life if below 4 though

Intent was to change the starting life of the ally, I'll fix that.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds