file [Submission] Shadow Clone

01 Nov 2017 08:38 #84078 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Shadow Clone

As it's written, the shadow clone of Black Spiral Buddy and Renegade Garou regenerate up to 3 life (or if they don't I don't seem to understand VtES rules templating as well as I should like). Shadow clone Ossian gains life.

Well, you'd be lucky to play with gentlemen of taste that play Black Spiral Buddy in their decks :D

Hey, I did a couple of tournaments with a Sebastian Goulet OBF DOM THA deck back in the days! It totes had Buddies! The deck was named "My Next Best Buddy". When they start bleeding for 2-3, don't care about any other allies on the table, and you've access to OBF and DOM... ;)

...I rarely got even an oust out.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?! ;___;

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2017 10:44 - 08 Nov 2017 10:46 #84156 by Bloodartist

Name: Shadow Clone
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Obtenebration
+1 stealth action.
[obt] Lock a ready ally controlled by another Methuselah, and put this card in play; it becomes a copy of that ally with 1 life that does not contest that ally. That ally does not unlock as normal during its unlock phase.
[OBT] As above, with 2 life.

EDIT : added the "controlled by another Methuselah" restriction
EDIT: changed to starting life
EDIT: removed starting life, it's not abusable anyway.

I sort of agree with earlier assessments, that if your own allies were not excluded or otherwise restricted, this could lead to number of broken things. (I just had an idea of Marcus Vitel making a million political allies with this and freak drive and [OBF] all of which would've bled for 3. He could even call psychic veil to give them all +1 stealth)

However, the restriction to allies controlled by other methuselahs will likely make this too weak to be of use. What if nobody plays allies? Maybe you could switch the clone part to superior obtenebration and have the small obt part be something like bleed with +1 bleed or +1 stealth? Compare to Entrancement and far mastery.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 Nov 2017 10:46 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds