file Submission: Shadow Court Beastie (Changeling)

20 Nov 2017 16:54 - 20 Nov 2017 16:58 #84331 by jblacey
So the last card posted just didn't work. Most times it was basically a wall minion which felt decidedly not fun. So instead, I am going give them a (D) action to enter combat. Drop the intercept line, remove the pool loss effect from combat, and add pool loss effect to initial (D) action to put the incentive on blocking them. This new version should almost always go forward but the pool loss is not oppressive and avoidable if your prey has a minion to block. I am also going to drop their life from 5 to 4. To make it easier kill them in one round if they face another combat deck.

Here is the updated version.

Shadow Court Beastie (Changeling)
:ally:
Cost: 3 :pool:
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Changeling with 4 life, 1 strength, 0 bleed. In combat, the Beastie gains a life and a +1 strength depravity counter at the end of each round. Beastie may enter combat with a minion as a (D) action and the controller of that minion burns a pool.
"Grrrr…"
Last edit: 20 Nov 2017 16:58 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2018 02:55 #84715 by Sambomb
Why not and adaptable ally since each changeling could have a variable level of power

Cost: x :pool:
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Changeling with x life, 2 strength, 0 bleed. Beastie enter the game with 2x glamour counters.
Once per action Beastie can burn one glamour counter to get +1 stealth or +1 bleed or + 1 intercept.
"Grrrr…"

This change the ally from a trap combat deck, to a disposable/limited all around tool.

PS: X cost and X starting life cause a X = 0 to enter the game dead, this could be solved with an X+1 at life or a mininum of 1 at cost.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
06 Feb 2018 15:06 #85228 by jblacey
The life total would need to be tuned. This ally should really have 3+ life to be worth it. Maybe 2+X life. That way if someone does pay 0, the card isn't total rubbish. I do like the idea of the flexibility of paying X.

More
09 Mar 2018 16:49 - 09 Mar 2018 18:20 #85652 by jblacey
I have been thinking about this card and the idea of embracing the Glamour mechanic. In particular, how to make a mimic ally.

Here is an idea:

Cost: 3 :pool:
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Changeling with 3 life, 1 strength, 1 bleed. Beastie may put a glamour counter on a ready vampire you control as a +1 stealth action. Beastie may play combat cards requiring vampires as though they had the clan, disciplines, and sect of the vampire with their glamour counter. A Beastie may only have one glamour counter in play.
"Grrrr…"

This changes them into a combo ally, which requires another vampire to be effective. They are flexible enough that they can work with any clan (not locked to a specific clan or discipline set). They have to be recruited and they have an action that can be blocked. The basic design of this card is meant to be used with Ally enhancers and provides incentives to build an Ally centric deck. Their blind spot is they don't copy card text and that without a vampire to copy they are weakier than just using the embrace card (meaning this card is less likely to be used in a weenie deck). This focuses on making them adaptable in combat while making the focus the vampire that they put the Glamour Counter on and Ally enhancements. Remove the vampire with the counter and it de-powers the Ally. Unlike my original version of this card, this version really requires another vampire and the ally is action negative to put a glamour counter into play.

Better?
Last edit: 09 Mar 2018 18:20 by jblacey. Reason: Forgot text

More
10 Mar 2018 08:54 #85663 by Blooded Sand

Why not

Summon History, Shalmath, Ankara Citadel. I Summon history for 21, blocks?
yup, 21 free stealths. whoo hoo

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
10 Mar 2018 12:06 #85664 by jblacey
There are issues with the paying X model, which is why I moved away from it. Cost reduction is common with Allies.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds