file Submission: Virtual Adept Avatar

09 Nov 2017 22:11 - 11 Nov 2017 22:28 #84184 by jblacey
Please ignore this post. I am going to post a completely different card instead in another thread. This card will be redone in a different way that should have considerably more flavor.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 22:28 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2017 22:12 #84185 by jblacey
I expect alterations to this card. This completes my sect submissions.

More
09 Nov 2017 22:42 #84186 by narpassword
" immediately equips an equipment card from your hand without paying cost."

so for the low one-off cost of 3 pool, i can then get free assault rifles and flamethrowers provided i have some IR googles first?

sounds fair =p

More
09 Nov 2017 23:07 #84188 by jblacey

" immediately equips an equipment card from your hand without paying cost."

so for the low one-off cost of 3 pool, i can then get free assault rifles and flamethrowers provided i have some IR googles first?

sounds fair =p

Wasn't sure if it was good enough by itself just be able to equip cards at any time. So I am starting with free and working it backwards. :-P

More
09 Nov 2017 23:17 - 09 Nov 2017 23:24 #84190 by jblacey
To be honest the whole card could be overpowered; that is the challenge of working with abilities.

Here some possibilities:

1) Lowest setting
Requires an Anarch vampire. Mage with 1 life, 0 strength, 0 bleed. Avatar cannot block, take actions or be the target of (D) actions. Lock Avatar to give a minion with electronic equipment either: +1 intercept for an action, +1 stealth for an action, or immediately equip a card from your hand (pay costs as normal).

2) Upgraded setting
Requires an Anarch vampire. Mage with 1 life, 0 strength, 0 bleed. Avatar cannot block, take actions or be the target of (D) actions. You have +1 hand size. Lock Avatar to give a minion with electronic equipment either: +1 intercept for an action, +1 stealth for an action, or immediately equip a card from your hand at half cost (round down).

3) OP setting (probably)
Requires an Anarch vampire. Mage with 1 life, 0 strength, 0 bleed. Avatar cannot block, take actions or be the target of (D) actions. You have +1 hand size. You may lock Avatar to choose a minion with electronic equipment. While Avatar is locked the chosen minion has either +1 intercept, +1 stealth, or immediately equips an equipment card from your hand without paying cost.

What I am trying to figure out is how much of a problem would it be to require electronic equipment. Does the ability have to be over the top to justify the requirement?

Also keep in mind this ability allows the minion to equip any equipment even locations. I point this out because this is within the power level of Virtual Adepts in World of Darkness.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 23:24 by jblacey.

More
10 Nov 2017 00:21 #84191 by ReverendRevolver
If you can at "interrupt speed" suddenly have an assault rifle for free, this ally would need to cost at least 7 and be burnable by discarding a Master card.

The fact nobody can remove it makes it too good as well.

Remove the "can't be Target of d actions" part and make the equipment full price and the Avatar cost 1-2 more, or keep cost, drop immunity to d actions, make unique, and make cost be half rounded up.

From a fluff standpoint, why would a VA Avatar help anarch vampires? Even knowing the advancements made recently in techno-thaum by anarchs (printed in v20 suppliments) I see little reason for a tradition mages Avatar to aid vamps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds