file Submission: Dennis Maxwell

15 Nov 2017 14:42 - 15 Nov 2017 14:58 #84280 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Dennis Maxwell

Focus less on recursion. Carpenter in the YotS books offer plenty of awesome, video games version asthetics are sweet.
But in books he animates zombies, has a wyrm tainted agg inflicting straight razor he found in the underworld, manipulates imbued, mentally repels vampires (Beckett even) from a block sized area, and wages war with an Amenti in addition to killing a Giovanni. Why focus on something as hard to keep from overpowered as recursion?

That is completely fair. I am not trying to underplay the thematic. This was a very flavorful character and I would like to capture that in the card. In fact, it might be worth adding "Carpenter" to the name. Part of thematic of the card (to me) was because he stole the Heart of Osiris and could pull things back from the underworld. I am open to suggestions.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 14:58 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 15:42 #84286 by ReverendRevolver
He only has the heart for a bit though, other things he has through the series and the razor even through his harrowing after the heart isn't his. He culled some imbued quite well without the heart.
Recursion is a hot button, so I think even too much not-recursion is easier to justify. Inflicting agg, recruiting zombies for 1 pool and no life, and even a self shuffle for like 4 pool is less touchy than recursion.

More
15 Nov 2017 16:06 #84288 by ReverendRevolver
Idea with controversy:
Dennis "Carpenter 169" Maxwell
Imbued 5 life
Group 6
Creed n/a(risen)
Dennis cannot gain conviction. If he becomes incapacitated, move him and all equipment on him to your uncontrolled region. He may play cards requiring [for] [cel] [pot] [nec] and or [thn] as a 5 capacity vampire.

I know, just said avoid controversy, but thematically this is the coolest imbued we can have.....

More
20 Nov 2017 17:47 - 20 Nov 2017 18:13 #84333 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Dennis Maxwell
Changing the card type from :ally: to :retainer: but I feel this captures the intent better than the original card.

Tell me what you think about this...

Dennis "Carpenter 169" Maxwell
1 :pool:
:retainer:
Unique Wraith with 1 life. Dennis is immune to damage that is not aggravated. If Dennis would be burned you may instead put him on another ready minion you control. The attached minion has +1 strength and once per combat may play a combat card from your ash heap as if it was in your hand, afterwards remove that combat card from the game.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2017 18:13 by jblacey.

More
20 Nov 2017 22:36 #84335 by ReverendRevolver
I feel like you've designed a reasonable card but I'm not sure it makes sense with Carpenter anymore.
Seems like a good card, but I'm just no longer sure it seems like the most widely used Risen in WoD Canon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds