file Submission: Critias and Damien

16 Nov 2017 21:46 - 17 Nov 2017 15:37 #84306 by ReverendRevolver
Critias
Brujah
9 cap
Group 5
(AUS)(DOM) (PRE) [cel] [for] [pro]
Camarilla.Primogen. Princes get one less vote while Critias is acting +1 Intercept. +1 Hand size.
Art notes. Middle aged Caucasian, in his 50s, slightly stocky, with white hair and beard.
Ref.chicago by night p59-60

Damien
Brujah
Cap 5
Group 5
[CEL] [Dom] (pre)
Camarilla. Damien's capacity is considered to be +3 by all cards that check capacity. Locked titled vampires can attempt to block Damien as though unlocked.
Art notes. Dark skinned teenage male, carrying an illogical sense of self confidence.
Ref. Chicago by night p69-70.

I'll be honest, I thought Critias was already a card from DS or AH, and just sucked so I never noticed. But, he's not. He's a wily old brujah, 5th gen, progeny of Menele, with auspex so hot he can typically tell what a person will say or do slightly before it happens. He's important in Chicago by night, and appears in the YotS trilogy. His skill spread is odd, but taken from source. Design wise, no protean is ok, but in fluff he's got higher protean than his in clan Celerity.

Damien is his not quite thought out progeny, who prince lodin goes out if his way to inconvenience. His generation is 6, hence special text, but he's not very old, hence the cap.

Game need:
Fleshing out more brujah as a cam set seems likely.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 15:37 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 22:21 #84307 by jamesatzephyr

Camarilla. Damien's capacity is considered to be 8 by all cards that check capacity.

On a purely textual note, I'd follow something closer to Tariq the Silent:
While controlled, Damien's capacity is increased by 3.

Or following the current design team's apparent preference for "+" symbols for brevity:
While controlled, Damien has +3 capacity.

It's just simpler to give him the capacity and avoid horrible questions about freakish corner cases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
17 Nov 2017 04:43 #84309 by ReverendRevolver
I know it's simpler, but his drawback didn't seem enough to warrant that. The only other thing I had to use as a template was the even more cluttered orun, so I went with this.
I figured a 5 cap that is an 8 cap for everything except the total amount of blood it can hold was more balanced.

Do you think "capacity is considered to be +3" is better or setting to 8? His drawback would need to be more severe for a reverse Tariq.

More
17 Nov 2017 15:27 - 17 Nov 2017 15:28 #84314 by jamesatzephyr
Considered to be +3 would be better than setting it to 8. While the former still raises some questions (witness Orun), what it avoids is causing arguments about how it interacts with other capacity altering effects. If I get a discipline card, am I considered to be 8 or 9 or... Obviously, an answer could be given but the best thing to do is avoid it in the first place.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 15:28 by jamesatzephyr.

More
17 Nov 2017 15:38 #84315 by ReverendRevolver
Edited. "Three higher" reads better, but I'm too much a fan of every card having a similar template to do it.

More
18 Nov 2017 16:05 #84319 by Cat_in_Exile
It seems wierd that Critias would only be a 9 cap. I know you based that off Menele being 10, and since Critias is his progeny... but honestly he should be a 10 cap himself.

Capacity isn't necessarily tied to generation. Look at Vlad, who is an 11 cap for some reason.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds