file Submission: Greater Purpose

15 Mar 2018 09:25 - 15 Mar 2018 09:26 #85780 by Ankha
Name: Greater Purpose
Cardtype: Master
Put this card on a non-titled vampire you control. During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool. Burn this card if this vampire becomes titled or calls a referendum.

Art note: a vampire seen from above and looking towards us, the arms opened, a bloody knive in the hand and a large bleeding cut on his other arm. The blood drips to a mosaic ground depicting a grim vampire figure, mouth opened, teeth bare.

Created by: Vincent Ripoll

Source: none
Game need: the card is here to help building viable mid-cap or high-cap vampires that don't belong to the trusting archetypes (such as high cap voters), for instance a POT / CEL combat deck, a Nosferatu bestial deck etc. Those deck can't use efficiently cards such as Villein, and Vessel or Blood Doll is not a way to gain sustaining pool fast enough.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Mar 2018 09:26 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2018 12:23 #85789 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Greater Purpose
Cardtype: Master
Put this card on a non-titled vampire you control. During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool. Burn this card if this vampire becomes titled or calls a referendum.

Game need: the card is here to help building viable mid-cap or high-cap vampires that don't belong to the trusting archetypes (such as high cap voters), for instance a POT / CEL combat deck, a Nosferatu bestial deck etc. Those deck can't use efficiently cards such as Villein, and Vessel or Blood Doll is not a way to gain sustaining pool fast enough.

I'm intrigued by the card, and wouldn't mind seeing something like it or close to it playtested, though I suspect it might need an extra restriction or two.

I'm not sure it would help a big POT/CEL combat deck that much. While being faster than Blood Doll/Vessel but not a one-off like Villein which requires some careful thought when you want a bit of blood still around for paying costs, surviving hand damage (before you Taste, if you can), being able to deal with a surprise Target Vitals etc., it's still a master card, and the more rapid combat decks have to go quite low on master cards to avoid hand jam. Even with midbie and bigger vampires (rather than a swarm of 2-4 caps), multi-rush is a thing. So while it might work out better than Blood Doll, they still have potential trouble drawing into it.

It strikes me as more likely, in its current form, to empower a bunch of non-political decks that are okay with steady pool gain. Any vampire who can hunt for two - either via a special, or via things like Harvest Rites - is an interesting choice for it.

Despite the political restriction, I could, for example, see a Breed Boon deck with 2 caps - so especially Creation Rites - chucking in a couple of these and some Harvest Rites, maybe a Hungry Coyote. Legacy of Pander might do similar. The weenies don't have to have titles, and you wouldn't be crafting the deck to give them titles - and the chance of a cross-table title being granted is very limited. Maybe it should go on a unique vampire? Wouldn't help in the Legacy of Pander case, but that's possibly not essential.

But I do think it's an interesting card. I'm just not sure it will help the decks you want in its current form.

For aiding a mid-cap combat deck without the knock-ons elsewhere, I think it might be more interesting to see something that can be drawn and played with some regularity. Perhaps a tweaked rush action (with some requirements, and bearing in mind chump blockers can potentially disrupt it), that lets you move blood from the vampire to your pool at the end of the action, maybe? Perhaps something Street Cred-ish, but less frustrating.

More
15 Mar 2018 21:35 #85799 by LivesByProxy
Personally, I would like to see it be more distinct from Vessel / Blood Doll. Currently, it's like Vessel / Blood Doll but allows you to move 2 pool instead of 1 pool. :[ It has the bit about the titled / call referendum vamps, but something else would be nice. Maybe, "move half the blood from this vampire, rounded up, to your pool"?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
16 Mar 2018 00:18 #85805 by narpassword
stick it on hesha ruhadze, and it cant be ripped away like blood dools with a vessel.

More
16 Mar 2018 06:59 #85807 by Blooded Sand

During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool.

Nitpick: According to current card wording guidelines this should be "may" not "can"

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
16 Mar 2018 07:01 - 16 Mar 2018 07:02 #85808 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Submission: Greater Purpose

During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool.

Nitpick: According to current card wording guidelines this should be "may" not "can"

Really? Could you give the reference of those guidelines?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Mar 2018 07:02 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds