file Submission: Greater Purpose

16 Mar 2018 08:54 #85811 by Blooded Sand

During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool.

Nitpick: According to current card wording guidelines this should be "may" not "can"

Really? Could you give the reference of those guidelines?

Yup, read the cards and see the rulings. May has a ruled meaning, can does not

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2018 10:26 #85812 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Submission: Greater Purpose

During their master phase, this vampire's controller can move 2 blood from this vampire to their pool.

Nitpick: According to current card wording guidelines this should be "may" not "can"

Once again, I'm interested in the references.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Mar 2018 15:53 #85813 by agzocgud
I love this card. It could be return of more mid-cap decks. It would replace the need to have govern the unaligned in every midcap deck. I would consider a cap of 3 per player or something, just to avoid abuse from breed-decks.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
19 Mar 2018 00:01 #85851 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Greater Purpose
Greater Purpose + any hunt deck or weenie Sabbat deck with Hungry Coyote.

If this card sees print, it will probably just be a complete replacement for those decks that still run blood doll. Seems like a power creep card to me.

More
19 Mar 2018 05:59 #85852 by LivesByProxy

Once again, I'm interested in the references.

I thought Blooded Sand was correct, but couldn't remember where I had seen the ruling... then I thought he was maybe misremembering your website ... but on that page you link to this ruling page here on VEKN, which says:

R0014 : May/Can
All 'may' are replaced by 'can'. ('May' shows permission, 'can' possibility & we need to use only one of them: unjustified alternances between 'may' and 'can' must be avoided).
Comment: Hugh: This is horsepoo. We should use 'may' it is way cooler

I personally think that 'may' would be better than 'can'. May implies voluntary action. Compare to 'must' which implies coercive action. :)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
19 Mar 2018 08:43 #85853 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Submission: Greater Purpose

Greater Purpose + any hunt deck or weenie Sabbat deck with Hungry Coyote.

If this card sees print, it will probably just be a complete replacement for those decks that still run blood doll. Seems like a power creep card to me.

That could be a concern indeed. But
1/ Blood Dolls are scarce nowadays because of Vessel. Does a deck such as the one you describe with Blood Doll still exist?
2/ Blood Doll allows you to put back blood on the vampire, which is quite important.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds