file Submission: Punk Gang

23 Mar 2018 09:37 #85970 by Ankha
Submission: Punk Gang was created by Ankha
I'm not really inspired for the name, but anyway.

Name: Punk Gang
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Brujah antitribu
Cost: 1 blood
Mortal with 2 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Punk Gang gets +1 intercept against bleed actions. After a Brujah antitribu enters play during your influence phase, they can burn 1 blood to move this card from your ash heap or your hand to the ready region with 2 life.

Compellant game need: Brujah antitribu are slow and have little solutions against bleed. Back rushing is usually too late and too disruptive for the table, they need an alternative.
Created by: Vincent Ripoll

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 09:56 #85972 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Submission: Punk Gang
I like the concept of an ally that can be recycled, but I really don't like cards that say: 'If this card is in ash heap, do stuff'.
Perhaps something along 'If Punk Gang would be burned from play, any brujah antribu can burn a blood to move it to his or her controllers ready region with 2 life instead', wold work better without making us to go trough all ash heaps every turn to see if something activates.

More
23 Mar 2018 09:56 - 23 Mar 2018 09:58 #85973 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Punk Gang
Name could use some work, but, I say--

It's totally cool!

If the inherent 'cept becomes too intrusive, it could always use the bouncer clause of 'burning a life to get +1 intercept against bleed actions'.

I'm enjoying the recursion effect.

Krausedit\\ @whisker, that would make it an almost never ending supply of an 'cept minion. Ankha's version makes it much more finite. I love it.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 09:58 by Kraus.

More
23 Mar 2018 10:34 - 23 Mar 2018 10:36 #85976 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Submission: Punk Gang

If the inherent 'cept becomes too intrusive, it could always use the bouncer clause of 'burning a life to get +1 intercept against bleed actions'.

I don't think its too intrusive, its probably not going to be enough.

Recently I tried to make a brujah antitribu toolboxy deck for our weekly casual games, and I was frustrated that !brujah have basically no intercept (beyond under siege and weak and costly permanent cept), nor bleed bounce. Their only real recourse for defense is rushing, They tend to not have multiactions either. Their camarilla counterparts at least can in theory run 2nd tradition for intercept, but not !brujah.

This seems like a really bad clan in my opinion, since they don't have any of the tools available for "better" clans. Suggested card helps slightly, but I don't think its going to be good enough.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 10:36 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Mar 2018 21:13 #86013 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Submission: Punk Gang

Perhaps something along 'If Punk Gang would be burned from play, any brujah antribu can burn a blood to move it to his or her controllers ready region with 2 life instead', wold work better without making us to go trough all ash heaps every turn to see if something activates.

Assuming people aren't deliberately being gittish about it, that's actually not a huge issue, in that the ash heap is unordered - there isn't a top card or a bottom card, and you can mix cards round and it doesn't matter. So you can put 'special' cards in a separate pile to one side, and it's all still the same ash heap.

More
23 Mar 2018 21:20 - 23 Mar 2018 21:21 #86014 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Submission: Punk Gang

Punk Gang gets +1 intercept against bleed actions. After a Brujah antitribu enters play during your influence phase, they can burn 1 blood to move this card from your ash heap or your hand to the ready region with 2 life.

Questions: can I activate this more than once from the same !Bru being flipped into play, if I have more than one Punk Gang in my ash heap? My reading of the card is yes - but is that intentional? (Even moving to a During X, do Y template wouldn't fix that as the text is separate on each Gang.)

If there's one in my hand, can I bring it out, replace it, draw into another Punk Gang, and bring that out? I'm unsure about that - but (if you can't) it could lead to arguments about if I bring one into play (from my hand), replace, decide to bring a second into play who (for this purpose) was already in my hand, but my decision of whether to bring it into play or not was influenced by the card I just drew. (Happy days, I just drew Giant's Blood, so let's bring out all the Punk Gangs I can!)
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 21:21 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds