file Submission: Wrong Address

23 Mar 2018 11:58 - 25 Mar 2018 11:30 #85981 by GreyB
Name: Wrong Address
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Clan: Nosferatu/Nosferatu Antitribu
Reduce a bleed against you by 2 and burn 2 blood or life from one of your prey's minions. Only one Wrong Address may be played each action.

--edit--
Version 2

Name: Wrong Address
Cardtype: Reaction
Clan: Nosferatu/Nosferatu Antitribu
Reduce a bleed against you by 2 and burn 1 blood or life from one of your prey's vampires or imbueds. Only one Wrong Address may be played each action.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 25 Mar 2018 11:30 by GreyB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 14:28 #85986 by ur_vampire
Wow, I like it, but isn´t it a little too powerful? If my prey plays an ally deck, the most of them are killed by this card and he can do nothing against. No block possibility, no prevent...

More
23 Mar 2018 15:08 #85990 by LivesByProxy
This is a cool card and I like the theme / flavor. :)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Mar 2018 15:15 - 23 Mar 2018 15:16 #85992 by Bloodartist
I like the idea a lot, but I agree that it feels a tad powerful. Maybe it should be made to tap the reacting vampire at the very least.. Also burning life from allies for basically free is so strong, it should maybe removed and made to just burn blood..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 15:16 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Mar 2018 15:48 - 23 Mar 2018 15:51 #85994 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Submission: Wrong Address
You could make the card stronger by doing damage and not burning blood, but weaker by giving the acting minion a chance to cancel the card by failing the action as a balance.

That provides a nice choice to the acting minion: help me damage my prey's minions or don't bleed me.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 15:51 by kschaefer.

More
23 Mar 2018 16:48 - 23 Mar 2018 16:52 #85998 by Bloodartist

You could make the card stronger by doing damage and not burning blood, but weaker by giving the acting minion a chance to cancel the card by failing the action as a balance.

That provides a nice choice to the acting minion: help me damage my prey's minions or don't bleed me.

I don't like this. Doing damage is even stronger than the already quite strong original suggestion. Damage can torporize, burning blood can't. Prey getting damage that he has no way of avoid taking is WAY too unfair. There is no way (that I can remember) to avoid damage that happens outside of combat. The prey will have to suffer and has no way to do anything about it apart from direct intervention (unlike bouncing bleeds).

I wanted the card to not burn life, as its much harder to "fix" allies that lose life, and burning 2 life already burns a large amount of existing allies.

Burning 2 blood out of prey's minions is ok. The cancellation idea doesn't seem in any way good, as the difference between cancelling and not cancelling does not affect the bleeding predator at all, only the prey, and the choice is predator's. This seems too unfair.

The idea of turning bleed reduction into something different is good, its just that we have to be careful not to make these effects too strong.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 16:52 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds