file Submission: Wrong Address

23 Mar 2018 17:13 #85999 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Submission: Wrong Address
So, you don't think the grand-predator would fail the bleed then? I mean that's the balance.

And if blood = pool, which it does, then what's the difference between this and bounce?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 17:45 - 23 Mar 2018 17:47 #86002 by Bloodartist

And if blood = pool, which it does, then what's the difference between this and bounce?

Bounced bleed can be bounced again or blocked. This cannot. There is no defense for the prey.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 17:47 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Mar 2018 17:56 #86003 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Submission: Wrong Address
You still haven't answered my first question.

More
24 Mar 2018 13:40 - 24 Mar 2018 13:42 #86021 by Bloodartist

You still haven't answered my first question.

It depends on how large the bleed is. If bleed is reduced to 0, then canceling it is the only option that makes sense. If its for more than 2, then I probably wouldn't cancel it. Its also possible that predator wants to hurt his grandprey also if he is close to getting two ousts in a row. The fact that grandprey can do nothing about this is the thing that really irks me.

Keep in mind that this card as written, can deal essentially 2 unpreventable damage to your preys minion for no risk whatsoever and the only requirement is that your predator bleeds you for 1. This seems REALLY strong. I think I would accept it if its only "burn 2 blood". The cancellation I don't like since it doesn't address the issues. .

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 24 Mar 2018 13:42 by Bloodartist.

More
24 Mar 2018 18:08 #86029 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Wrong Address

Name: Wrong Address
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Clan: Nosferatu/Nosferatu Antitribu
Reduce a bleed against you by 2 and burn 2 blood or life from one of your prey's minions. Only one Wrong Address may be played each action.

Suggestion:

Wrong Address
:reaction:
1 :blood:
:nosf: !nosf!
Reduce a bleed against you by 2. Only one Wrong Address may be played each action.

Reasons:
1) Damage or blood lost to a prey's minion as a reaction is not good for many reasons. The closest card I am looking at is Ecstasy, but there is a reason the card doesn't target your prey's minions.
2) Telepathic Counter is superior Auspex. Ophidian Gaze requires 2 disciplines as basic level.The only thing that balances this card is the blood cost. In the version, I have listed above it would still be a staple of a nosferatu deck if nothing else than the fact that it doesn't lock the reacting vampire.

More
24 Mar 2018 20:03 - 24 Mar 2018 20:04 #86031 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Wrong Address
Card slot intensive and boring. Not a fan.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 24 Mar 2018 20:04 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds