lightbulb V:TES Board Game

21 May 2018 22:52 #87264 by Ke.
V:TES Board Game was created by Ke.
Have Black Chantry thought about a "board game" version of V:TES?

Currently we have all the of Quickstart decks printed and ready for new players. This means people just pick a deck and play, they don't have to worry about construction (that's something that can come later).

I think it would be great to have a boxed version of the game with 5x balanced decks; 5x play matts (with guides), 1x edge and 160 pool (possibly cardboard units, 1, 5, 10 etc). Basically everything needed to start with 3 - 5 players.

Because V:TES plays a lot like a board game; this could be a good way of attracting the board gaming crowd. The first set could be Camarilla; the next Sabbat etc...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade, ScoundrelAtHeart, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2018 23:19 #87265 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic V:TES Board Game
something like how red dragon inn is boxed would be an awesome starter kit.

More
22 May 2018 08:06 #87278 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic V:TES Board Game
So basically something like the players kit from 3rd edition but in updated form?
That would be nice.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
22 May 2018 08:16 #87279 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic V:TES Board Game
Wouldn't that be pretty close to a LCG format core set or a starter kit?

'Cause they said that they're definitely working on something like that.

Or am I missing a key difference?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
22 May 2018 12:44 #87302 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic V:TES Board Game
Look at netrunner starter set. Several decks, rulebook, counters, some extra cards for initial deckbuilding. If it'll also be playable as a draft cube will be a good plus.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 May 2018 14:21 - 22 May 2018 14:24 #87313 by DJHedgehog
Replied by DJHedgehog on topic V:TES Board Game
Not sure if this is too off topic, but I actually built out a new version of V:TES using the "Legendary" format (legendary alien, predator, buffy etc). My idea was to simplify the rules a bit but keep some of the core game play. Here is what I was thinking:

Each set would be a story line. The "story line deck" feeds cards into the middle of the table. These cards consist of story specific equipment, allies, political actions and master cards. Players can take non-directed actions to obtain cards from the row. The main goal of the game is to oust your prey, but some story line sets may introduce alternate victory conditions and potential alliances.

Player decks are built in "pods". By that I mean each vampire you pick has a set of 5 cards that go into your library that are associated specifically with that vampire. The bigger the vampire, the better or more efficient cards are added. You would pick 12 vampires for your crypt that would, in turn, build out a 60 card deck. I thought this would be cool from a simplicity perspective and introduces depth because to get a vamp you want you may have to take on unwanted library cards, and if you want specific library cards you may have to put in less than optimal vampires.

As far as rules changes I basically dismantled the stealth and intercept mechanic, made combat more simple (similar to option B on the forums recently for real vtes), and reduced the cost on a lot of cards as well as made it slightly harder to make blood/pool. I think the coolest part of VTES is the life/resource management and being forced to spend a lot of resources or being able to gain a lot of resources can be a turn off for more casual players.

My imaginary base set would include the first story line deck, Ventrue, Nosferatu, Tremere, and Malkavian. I imagine it was optimized for 4 players but I made it so that a 2 player game is still an option.
Last edit: 22 May 2018 14:24 by DJHedgehog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds