lightbulb V:TES Board Game

24 May 2018 20:45 #87460 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic V:TES Board Game
60-70e board games aren't really unheard of either. There are behemoths like Agricola (not to mention Twilight Imperium) which sell for roughly 80e from the shelf. While it's pretty steep to be honest, if a retail box could be pinched into ~60e category it could be reasonable for sure.

Nothing like those 10e stater decks, which were honestly astounding in value, but as a starter set it's fine. Especially if the decks within are made reasonable in power level and customizability.

Separate, single-clan starter decks of sorts would be a very much needed addition to the core box. If, and when, 10e starters are probably not doable in the near future, anything from 15 to 20 euro could be fine.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2018 21:49 #87465 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic V:TES Board Game

I think the Starter Pack should be something that enable stand alone play and help starting players to build his own decks too.
Basic kit:
5 x 60 cards deck
165 pool/blood counters
A pool of key cards that every deck can use ( Minion tap, blood dool, On the qui vive, Dreams, Taste of Vitae, etc ) maybe 25 cards

Deluxe kit:
5 x 90 cards deck with a 15 cards side deck to enable some flexibility
180 pool/blood counters
Card sleeves for 650 cards ( the 5 decks and an extra )
A pool of key cards that every deck can use ( Minion tap, blood dool, On the qui vive, Dreams, Taste of Vitae, etc ) maybe 75 cards

A deluxe set seems too much imho. The sleeves also. The basic would suffice. Also the pricing of the Box would be too much I think. With card board tokens or small dice for the blood could reduce the coast. When I do demos all potential players ask me how much the entry point in terms of money is.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
25 May 2018 09:04 #87489 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic V:TES Board Game
If you make a game that costs more than 50 it is going to affect sales.
Actually exceeding 40 will do so already

Of course there are several games that are more expensive and sell humongous amounts, but the more the game costs the less chance there is that someone will just randomly pick it up to try it out.

(got some 25+ years experience is hobby games retailing)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 May 2018 11:00 #87496 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic V:TES Board Game

If you make a game that costs more than 50 it is going to affect sales.
Actually exceeding 40 will do so already

Of course there are several games that are more expensive and sell humongous amounts, but the more the game costs the less chance there is that someone will just randomly pick it up to try it out.

(got some 25+ years experience is hobby games retailing)

Exactly. Most long run successfull games sell for under 40€ (at least in germany). Something over 40€ is rare in the shelfs.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
25 May 2018 12:21 #87500 by Sambomb
Replied by Sambomb on topic V:TES Board Game
Then reduce the starter decks to 4 decks 60/12 and 150 paper tokens to try to get around this price.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
25 May 2018 13:02 #87505 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic V:TES Board Game

Then reduce the starter decks to 4 decks 60/12 and 150 paper tokens to try to get around this price.

Still too much. 240 cards total should be the aim.

And you need at least 5 decks.

When I've made a demo kit, I was using 6/30 decks with one recursion for five "most popular" clans (:bruj: :gang: :tore: :malk: :nosf:). If we add Tremere and Ventrue (you will got tons of complains if you leave them) it's 252 cards. Kind of manageble, maybe...

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds