lightbulb V:TES Board Game

25 May 2018 13:38 #87508 by Sambomb
Replied by Sambomb on topic V:TES Board Game
No, please dont repeat the 3rd edition !
Make tournament legal decks and use tournament rules

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2018 13:53 #87510 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic V:TES Board Game
a boxed set could contain 5 decks each with a 12 card crypt and a 45 card library. The libraries could be designed specifically to be doubled up on. That way a new playgroup of 5 can spend 15-18 moneys each and have a fully functioning deck. When using this boxed set as a demo kit, you could just reshuffle the library once to get the same feel of a full deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
27 May 2018 00:40 #87549 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic V:TES Board Game

a boxed set could contain 5 decks each with a 12 card crypt and a 45 card library. The libraries could be designed specifically to be doubled up on. That way a new playgroup of 5 can spend 15-18 moneys each and have a fully functioning deck. When using this boxed set as a demo kit, you could just reshuffle the library once to get the same feel of a full deck.

This might actually work.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
27 May 2018 10:53 #87558 by Sambomb
Replied by Sambomb on topic V:TES Board Game
4/5 decks with 60/12 and whoever wants to play a tournament can do it. I think anything less than that is not focused on new potential players but only on old vtes players to run demos or buy a bunch of stuff

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
27 May 2018 11:39 #87562 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic V:TES Board Game

4/5 decks with 60/12 and whoever wants to play a tournament can do it. I think anything less than that is not focused on new potential players but only on old vtes players to run demos or buy a bunch of stuff

I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of 12/45, if the decks are designed so that you can mash up two libraries BAM and it's a playable (if not excellent) deck. It might work best obviously with non-discipline cards supplementing a single or so Discipline. Like, Gangrel doing their thing with Fortitude, and Ventrue with Dominate, and ta-dah, you make for a For Dom 90 card deck when you just shuffle the two decks together.

Deck building is a crucial part in tournament playing and any constructed formats anyways, so it doesn't have to be good - just doable. They'll take Presence from the Toreador stater anyways once they get greedy.

Otherwise I'm with you in that the decks should aim to be ready to play by the game's rules per se if at all possible.

So, the core box should probably aim for 5x12+60 cards at least. If another alternative (like 12+45 or something) can be made to work and is absolutely needed to bring the core box to 40 or so monies from the shelf, all the better.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
10 Jun 2018 07:43 - 10 Jun 2018 07:46 #88069 by Thin_Blood
Replied by Thin_Blood on topic V:TES Board Game
From a business mindset why not make the game as a "loss leader". Seriously.... break 100% even. Kickstart as suggested previously and Seriously make no profit. Put all funds into manufacturing and marketing. Just get people back in the game where the boxed set is a very playable set. Just basic card concepts. Make your money in the variety which comes in other "sets" like Lost Kindred. As a print... unplayable alone.

“I don’t have cross table buddies. I have a prey I haven’t gotten around to yet.” — Shockwave (English VtES Player).
Last edit: 10 Jun 2018 07:46 by Thin_Blood.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds