26 May 2018 15:49 #87536 by LivesByProxy
Name: Running Errands
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 :blood:
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: :cel: :obf:
Clan: n/a
Text:
Only usable after a successful bleed action.

:cel: :obf: Unlock this vampire. This vampire may take a second bleed action this turn. If more than 2 pool is bled from that action, ignore the excess.

:CEL: :OBF: As above, and this vampire may take a third bleed action this turn. If more than 2 pool is bled from that action, ignore the excess.

Flavor text:
“Where were you last night?”
“Running errands.”

Art notes:
A City Gangrel !gang! stands loading a gun, with his phone to his ear. Several more guns are visible on his person.

World of Darkness reference: n/a

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
This was specifically to help the City Gangrel !gang! who have pretty limited bleeding ability (not counting equipment and whatnot.) Their discipline combination doesn’t have great +bleed modifiers, so I thought maybe we could give them the ability to bleed more than once per turn. I don’t know of any card that does this, and I think it would be a nice game mechanic fit for their discipline combination. It also works with plenty of Assamites (who do have decent bleed modifiers thanks to their Quietus :QUI: discipline) and some few Toreador.

The amount of pool that can be bled is limited to minimize its power, and the flavor of the card (which is running errands) lends itself to generally minor tasks - hence small bleeds. Also the wording is such that we don’t need the “you can only play one Running Errands per turn” or similar phrase, because your second bleed will always be your second bleed. Compare and contrast “second / third bleed” with “additional / 2 additional bleeds”. Also, the superior option of the card requires the vampire using it to have some way of unlocking after the second bleed (Instantaneous Transformation, for example.) Alternatively, you can simply play the card at the inferior option just to unlock (and maybe equip something or prepare to block.)

Created By: Tyler Mathis

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2018 19:28 #87539 by Ratadin
Even though I like the idea of this card, isn't it extremely powerful with The Unnamed? You could be getting 6 pools per round, bleeding for 6 with the guy, and they run "Flurry of action" anyway to untap after that second bleed.

More
26 May 2018 20:07 - 27 May 2018 09:27 #87542 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Running Errands
At least it shouldn't unlock the acting vampire. Give room for combo potential in :CEL: :PRO: and :CEL: :FOR: and Flurry of Action at :CEL:.

Maybe make superior not give a third bleed, but playable after being blocked for more combo potential with S:CE that unlock, as well as Zephyr? If you make the Superior :CEL: :obf: it would be highly usable with G2-3 Toreador royalty.

The flavor is (once again) real nice though. But the art work BEGS to showcase Luke Fellows.

Name: Running Errands
Cardtype: Action Modifier :modifier:
Cost: 1 :blood:
Discipline: :cel: :obf:
Only usable after a successful bleed action. A vampire may play only one Running Errands each turn.
:cel: :obf: This vampire may bleed an additional time this turn. If more than 2 pool is bled from that action, ignore the excess.
:CEL: :obf: As above, but usable after an unsuccessful bleed action.

Add :OBF: instead of :obf: for balance if needed.

Taking the Skin: Minion uses wording: "This vampire may bleed an additional time this turn." Teach :obf: Ishtarri some Abombwe for three bleeds a turn. Yikes!

This way it will have interaction with more cards and not succumb into :cel: :OBF: stealth bleed variants. It begs for Fortitude or Protean support, which ties it more closely to Gangrel.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 May 2018 09:27 by Kraus.

More
26 May 2018 23:20 #87548 by LivesByProxy
Is their any card that uses a [superior] [inferior] discipline combo like that though?

I honestly wasn't sure how powerful it would be, so I added the untap. I forgot about The Unnamed. :lol: Kraus's suggestion looks much better (besides the weird superior+inferior discipline combo). I just like the idea of taking an additional bleed action. It would be cool for the City Gangrel IMO. :)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
27 May 2018 00:51 #87550 by kschaefer
Elemental Stoicism is closest, but has 3 levels.

More
27 May 2018 08:48 - 27 May 2018 08:48 #87554 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Running Errands

Is their any card that uses a [superior] [inferior] discipline combo like that though?

I honestly wasn't sure how powerful it would be, so I added the untap. I forgot about The Unnamed. :lol: Kraus's suggestion looks much better (besides the weird superior+inferior discipline combo). I just like the idea of taking an additional bleed action. It would be cool for the City Gangrel IMO. :)

As said above, Elemental Stoicism uses that balancing template. It is an ancient card, and that format was never used after that. It does take quite a lot of research to get the balancing right, and narrows down design options in the future. That might explain why it's so rarely used.

Also, Running Errands is so much less of a niche card (compared to Elemental Stoicism). That alone would probably warrant all-superior superior effect not to open any cans of worms later. You can do more funny things with more niche cards. So yeah. Maybe :CEL: :OBF: after all.

(It might be I just really would want those G2-3 :obf: torries get some love. :D )

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 May 2018 08:48 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds