08 Jun 2018 18:01 #88047 by Bloodartist
Name: Victrix
Cardtype: vampire
Clan: Gangrel
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
Discipline: PRO FOR ANI cel
Camarilla
When a minion opposing Victrix in combat strikes with a weapon, that strike is copied against that minion. This does not count toward Victrix's additional strike limit.

Art notes: Tall, whipcord-thin, athletic, a female barbarian from Roman gladiatorial arenas, poised to attack, a curved sword in one hand, an axe in the other.
She is a Pict (Scottish). A Roman slave entirely remade into an arena gladiator. Long braids of hair woven with beads and strips of leather stream down her back; Shaved sides of scalp bear intricate tribal tattoos, as does the rest of her body.

World of Darkness reference:
Vampire the Requiem: Fall of the Camarilla p. 44-47
(Hey its still world of darkness, right?)

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
There is a distinct lack of camarilla Gangrel with celerity, especially in group 5. Also I just wanted to pick up some cool character concepts from source material and create cards for them.

Her special ability is indicative of source material. She enforces the will of the Senex by killing those that need killing in dramatic and creative ways. Source material also describes an event where an enemy vampire attacked her with a burning torch during a chariot race. She made him eat the torch.

Created by: Juha Laukkanen

Victrix art from Fall of the Camarilla :

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2018 18:25 #88048 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Submission: Victrix

When a minion opposing Victrix in combat strikes with a weapon, that strike is copied against that minion. This does not count toward Victrix's additional strike limit.

This special isn't that great, which makes her slightly over-cost. It's also in need of some wording clean up. Interesting concept, but I'd rather use a King of the Mountain effect (takes an equal amount of damage) than an additional strike effect. Even with that wording change, there aren't enough weapons in most games to make the special useful. I'd look to give her a little something extra. Primogen, maybe?

More
08 Jun 2018 18:38 #88049 by DanielScooby
Replied by DanielScooby on topic Submission: Victrix
Pretty cool, but i would use just the effect of giving enviromental damage back, as already suggested.

Daniel Abreu
:camarilla::bruj:
:CEL::POT::pre::for::dom::cap8:

VEKN ID - #6010149

"Ab auditione mala non timebit"

More
08 Jun 2018 20:27 - 08 Jun 2018 20:30 #88051 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Submission: Victrix

This special isn't that great, which makes her slightly over-cost. It's also in need of some wording clean up. Interesting concept, but I'd rather use a King of the Mountain effect (takes an equal amount of damage) than an additional strike effect. Even with that wording change, there aren't enough weapons in most games to make the special useful. I'd look to give her a little something extra. Primogen, maybe?

The purpose of the wording was the flavor that she uses that same weapon against the enemy in combat. If enemy strikes with a deer rifle + dragons breath rounds, they also take the agg damage. If they strike with a Rowan ring (lol) the enemy minion also goes to torpor.

Also the point was that she can dodge/prevent the damage herself, and the enemy minions strike still resolves against them. I find that its difficult to word this effect in a different way. It would probably mean that she has to take damage, in order to give the damage back. This was not my intention.

But this ability was more intended for curious flavor than something actually good. I wanted some cool abilities instead of empty text boxes or generic primogens. I would still take her as is in an instant since trying to create supporting crypt for Matasuntha that can actually play Thing is a royal pain in the arse.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 Jun 2018 20:30 by Bloodartist.

More
08 Jun 2018 21:23 #88053 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Submission: Victrix
I think this is a cool card idea and the effect isn't one the game has to my knowledge.

Unlike the others, I don't think it should be environmental damage or something.

If I could change it, I'd reword it to read:

When a minion opposing Victrix in combat strikes with a melee weapon, Victrix may copy that strike as her strike. This does not count toward Victrix's additional strike limit.

Alternatively, other specials that could empower melee weapon combat:

* Victrix's melee weapon strikes inflict +1 damage for each melee weapon she is equipped with.

* Victrix has an optional additional strike if she has exactly two melee weapons equipped. This does not count towards her additional strike limit.

* As long as Victrix is equipped with a melee weapon, she can dodge as a strike, with an additional strike. +1 strength.

Just ideas.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
08 Jun 2018 21:27 #88054 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Submission: Victrix

Also the point was that she can dodge/prevent the damage herself, and the enemy minions strike still resolves against them. I find that its difficult to word this effect in a different way. It would probably mean that she has to take damage, in order to give the damage back. This was not my intention.

I would say:
When a minion opposing Victrix in combat strikes with a melee weapon, Victrix may copy that strike as her strike and prevent the opposing minion's damage from that strike. This does not count toward Victrix's additional strike limit.

Or if you want to get really fancy:
When a minion opposing Victrix in combat strikes with a melee weapon, Victrix may copy that strike as her strike and dodge, with an additional strike this round. This does not count toward Victrix's additional strike limit.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds