file [Card ban idea] List

08 Jul 2018 17:04 #88652 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic [Card ban idea] List

I also assumed the person i'm talking to isn't retarded.

So, do you make it a habit of insulting complete strangers on the internet when you disagree with them about a stupid card game about vampires? Because, if you do, well...I can only assume you are as socially inept in person as you are online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2018 17:35 - 08 Jul 2018 17:38 #88653 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Card ban idea] List

So, do you make it a habit of insulting complete strangers on the internet when you disagree with them about a stupid card game about vampires? Because, if you do, well...I can only assume you are as socially inept in person as you are online.

Come on, let's not go there... Everyone's (almost) equally guilty when people start answering 'hostility' with hostility. Seriously, everyone in the community is responsible for keeping up good behavior.

VtES players seem to be so super sensitive online. Guys, you don't have to take everything to heart. More to the point: if someone gives a snappy comment, you don't have to retaliate. It really doesn't make you any more right.

VtES players are some of the most intelligent and cool people IRL and in face-to-face games. Why do you guys change so when you enter the intrawebs?

I mean... why? Just let it go.

//sigh

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 08 Jul 2018 17:38 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad, self biased

More
08 Jul 2018 18:24 #88654 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic [Card ban idea] List

Come on, let's not go there... Everyone's (almost) equally guilty when people start answering 'hostility' with hostility. Seriously, everyone in the community is responsible for keeping up good behavior.

VtES players seem to be so super sensitive online. Guys, you don't have to take everything to heart. More to the point: if someone gives a snappy comment, you don't have to retaliate. It really doesn't make you any more right.

VtES players are some of the most intelligent and cool people IRL and in face-to-face games. Why do you guys change so when you enter the intrawebs?

I mean... why? Just let it go.

//sigh

Kraus, you have an extremely annoying habit of jumping in as soon as I defend myself from someone being aggressive toward me online. Read the posts again. I am not being hostile, I am making fun of the way this person decided to argue their point. I will not stop making fun of people who decide to argue point in an immature way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
08 Jul 2018 18:43 - 08 Jul 2018 18:44 #88655 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Card ban idea] List

Kraus, you have an extremely annoying habit of jumping in as soon as I defend myself from someone being aggressive toward me online. Read the posts again. I am not being hostile, I am making fun of the way this person decided to argue their point. I will not stop making fun of people who decide to argue point in an immature way.

It comes across just as hostile as the original poster, if not more. To be fair, it's really hard to read the above post as 'making fun' of anyone.

Nor does making fun of people's argumentative skills contribute to the topic. It derails them, and doesn't make the forum a better place as a whole.

God, I'm thinking we would need a moderator or two on the forums...

I mean, this could be a fruitful topic. Personally I feel that the opening post is pretty detached from rational competitive VtES, but there's genuine frustration there. It could just as well be heard out. The whole discussion about IG being oppressive against it being a barely mediocre card is fine.

When people start bickering and making fun or people or just getting offended kills the actual discussion.

What. Does. It. Help. With?

I genuinely don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with those posts of yours I quoted.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 08 Jul 2018 18:44 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
08 Jul 2018 18:54 - 08 Jul 2018 18:55 #88656 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
Someone here is sensitive, and instead of replying about multiple points i given, just throw temper tantrum. Please, don't come to the topic razor if you have nothing to add. And please, don't even use Eyes of the Dead (or it was Immense Size) as an argument anymore, it's insulting.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2018 18:55 by Lech.

More
08 Jul 2018 20:59 #88658 by ReverendRevolver
Yea.....

There's no problem with those cards, as games flow nicely with these (optimal) cards mentioned.

The problem in VTES is that if other cards sucked less, the (viable) cardpool would create more (interesting/non-linear) options.

Frankly, imagine how much more productive arguments would be if instead of complaining about how unfair something is, the discussion was "X being changed to say Y would make it more viable against Z and thus more playable ".
So, cards printed in the future, or overhaul errata on unplayable cards, should prevent additional damage from guns, just for VTM thematic reasons. There should also be cards, playable on their own, that have some added benefit against govern ot, more importantly, deflection.
Touch of clarity basically has lots of words that say " :dem: or :DEM: : cancel a deflection or voter cap as its played. Read who pays blood cost among your minions later..."

I heard someone at WoN complain to Bob Joseph over how "broken" 44 magnum was. They were playing Garou and abactor. The issue is Garou should probably cost 1 less pool due to how fragile they are, so getting them fir 4 should be a focal point of the deck. Bob's deck, was in my opinion not even great, as I recall Helena, Jaquin, and other overcosted vamps, meaning Bob wasn't playing even a remotely "broken" deck, just one he liked, that happened to trump Garou.
I once lost 3 minions to war ghouls in my Gotsdam deck, and only kept my star alive by his innate SCE. You get completely metagame sometimes.
I've faced down Count Germaine with Celerity guns. Hands for one don't do much against hands 3, prevent, blur. Incase that wasn't clear.
People trump you sometimes.
Can we talk about more important stuff now?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kraus, Cat_in_Exile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds