file [Card ban idea] List

06 Jul 2018 22:56 #88604 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Card ban idea] List
So, one question...

What have you guys been smoking?

As said above, it's okay to have good cards.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2018 01:08 #88607 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic [Card ban idea] List
Is it April Fool's Day yet ?!?

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ScoundrelAtHeart

More
07 Jul 2018 01:09 #88608 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic [Card ban idea] List
Then first of all please Unban :

- Anthelios
- Protect Thine Own (errata : only once per Methuselah)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
07 Jul 2018 01:39 - 07 Jul 2018 01:41 #88610 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic [Card ban idea] List

IDK how to feel about this.

On the one hand, I would like to see VTES redone and rebooted, etc. etc. Most people here know this. *Looks at Kraus.*

But on the other hand, are these cards really ban worthy? I think the problem isn't with these cards in particular, but with the power-level they represent and how the game/cards have been powered down since these were first printed.

Which IMO is a reason the game itself tends to be 2 hours. If the power-level of cards/effects were increased, then the game would probably speed up. Of course, that means obsoleting / wall-papering so many cards. But it also potentially means cool new effects and designs and I think VEKN/Black Chantry is demonstrating this. The recent Lost Kindred set, which was deliberately designed to power-up the Harbingers, Gargoyles, Samedi, etc. The greatest equalizer would be a reboot, but barring that, I'd rather see stronger cards printed to raise the power-level of weak disciplines (as opposed to banning good cards.)

Yep, I totally agree with LivesByProxy : I too would rather see stronger cards printed to raise the power-level of weak disciplines (as opposed to banning good cards.)

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 01:41 by KzArashi.

More
07 Jul 2018 12:05 - 07 Jul 2018 12:06 #88619 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
I'm honestly surprised by voices to increase power level of weaker cards instead of toning down power of top tier cards. In most games, it made the game worse and worse, and wallpaperized multiple contemporary cards, lets just start with WoW TCG. If anything, banning powerful cards is the better way to make the game more interactive.

Out of unique cards that need to be addressed, the card that matter the most is of course PENTEX.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 12:06 by Lech.

More
07 Jul 2018 12:41 - 07 Jul 2018 12:49 #88620 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Card ban idea] List

Out of unique cards that need to be addressed, the card that matter the most is of course PENTEX.

A statement with which i could not disagree more.

Pentex is absolutely healthy for the game.

I do not know your reasoning, but some seem to think pentex is a random and arbitrary card. It is actually very skill intensive and requires plenty of skill to get benefit out of. Also skill in defending against it.

In competitive vtes pentex is in no way problematic, but rather essential.

If you hate arbitrary, look at Giants blood. It is probably the only weirdly random power card.

I'll see if i get more time sometime to write more about this.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 12:49 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, KzArashi, Vlad, Snodig, Cat_in_Exile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds