lightbulb [Submission] Sway

02 Aug 2018 07:03 - 02 Aug 2018 08:30 #89533 by LivesByProxy
Name: Sway
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 Pool
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: n/a
Clan: n/a

Card Text: Put this card on a vampire in your uncontrolled region that has capacity of 9 or more. During your influence phase, move that vampire to your ready region (put him or her into play.) This vampire cannot perform any actions other than hunt actions while Sway is on them. When this vampire has blood on them equal to their capacity, burn Sway.

Flavor Text:

Art Notes: An elder vampire (preferably Nosferatu) sitting in a modern Gothic-Victorian style pent-house, overlooking a city (implying he or she is wealthy and influential) pondering, lost in deep though. (He or she is being swayed to work on your behalf but the process takes some time, since you are very subtle and manipulative and patient.)

World of Darkness reference: n/a

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Helps get 9-caps out earlier, specifically. Let's player's save pool they would spend on influencing out said vampire, but they risk said vampire being vulnerable early, since it can't perform any actions other than hunting, and have to spend time hunting to actually get said vampire under control. So it is a trade-off. Combos with Giant's Blood and Life In The City.

Created by: Ethan Mathis

Edit: (errata) I knew I was missing something. It should read something like: Put this card on a vampire in your uncontrolled region that has at least 7 blood counters on him or her. During your influence phase, move that vampire to your ready region (put him or her into play.) This vampire cannot perform any actions other than hunt actions while Sway is on them. When this vampire has blood on them equal to their capacity, burn Sway.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 08:30 by LivesByProxy. Reason: errata

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2018 08:15 #89536 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic [Submission] Sway
This would be stupidly powerful with Heidelberg Castle (and I’m sure others).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 Aug 2018 20:14 #89559 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic [Submission] Sway

This would be stupidly powerful with Heidelberg Castle (and I’m sure others).

Obah is already super strong with Renewed Vigor, this Sway would make it just absurdly stupid...

I pool costing IC members gallore
*sheesh!*

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Aug 2018 20:23 #89562 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Sway
Not unlike my suggestion for Nosferatu from a time back:

www.vekn.net/forum/expansion-sets-card-ideas/75957-submission-trench-upstart#82522

These sorts of effects are not uncalled for in a meta that is fast and furious. I decided to specify the help to a clan that really need it to avoid abuse. And if someone finds a way to abuse Nosferatu, by all means.

Your suggestion doesn't go for a 'sped at a risk', but rather requires specific combos to be worth the while. Otherwise it's just a way to quickly push out static votes and blocking. I could see it being healthy in a combatty block deck comboed with Taste of Vitae and Hunting Grounds, but the obvious interaction with Inner Circles, Obeah and Giant's Blood roulette is off putting.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds