file [Submission] Celerity fixes

02 Aug 2018 21:54 #89571 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Submission] Celetity fixes

Flurry of Action is fair game in mid-cap Palla Grande decks, as well as G4 Inner Circle decks. Unnamed isn't really the only one to use it, even though xe benefits from it quite a bit.

Realistically, just unnamed. And perhaps 3 bleed CEL OBF guys.

I'll just add that if Stutter Step isn't seen, it's because of the obscure effect and position of combat as a whole in the meta game. Flash is and/or has been used in long range Potence decks.

It's low power and help just aggro-poke. Flash is seen in long range potence with low celerity, but animalism does better.

Celerity's spot at the moment seems to be an enabler for other combat effects to be better. It amplifies both Potence and gun combat. It already does that job fine.

When it doesn't show in twda, it means that it's obviously not doing a fine job. When there are other disciplines, going celerity is rare as it just helps in combat and even then it does it poorly. It have no killer cards, no unique strong effects, no efficiency.

The question is: is there an existing archetype that would greatly benefit from these cards to realistically make it rise the competetive ladder, or would they be able to form a new archetype to shake up the meta? That is, if no errata or changes to the existing card pool were made?

Yep, those cards would help many celerity decks against aggro-poke, against grapple combat and against heavy maneuvers. It would also help cel guns which is unfortunate, but it can be done errating concealed weapon. Unique effect of countering aggro-poke and beating grapple would help non-AUS PRE decks to survive for example tup-dogs. CEL sticks would benefit from double maneuver (still for-sticks would be bit stronger but not as much as they do currently.

When it comes to Inhuman Speed (there are other canonical names i can choose), it helps with saving resources for next combats. I could totally see similar cards for fortitude and potence.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2018 21:59 - 02 Aug 2018 22:00 #89572 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Celetity fixes

Yep, those cards would help many celerity decks against aggro-poke, against grapple combat and against heavy maneuvers. It would also help cel guns which is unfortunate, but it can be done errating concealed weapon. Unique effect of countering aggro-poke and beating grapple would help non-AUS PRE decks to survive for example tup-dogs. CEL sticks would benefit from double maneuver (still for-sticks would be bit stronger but not as much as they do currently.

When it comes to Inhuman Speed (there are other canonical names i can choose), it helps with saving resources for next combats. I could totally see similar cards for fortitude and potence.

This is the what the question of "compelling game need" is there for. Thank you. This is a prime example of what people should strive for presenting in their opening posts for card submissions: clear examples of interactions and what scenarios the cards aim to deal with.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 22:00 by Kraus.

More
03 Aug 2018 05:41 #89575 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic [Submission] Celetity fixes
I play Stutter-Step in my Enkidu deck (won a NC with it), it's a great card in the right deck.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Aug 2018 06:51 #89579 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Submission] Celetity fixes
Which have at least some claws or disarms, isn't it? Combined with leathery hide/mettle depending on support crew?
Not denying that it can work ankha, and that's the proposed card isn't much better for the deck, but stutter-step is niche AF.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
03 Aug 2018 07:15 - 03 Aug 2018 07:20 #89581 by Bloodartist

Celerity is one of the lowest powered disciplines in the entire game, it's obvious and backed by TWDA data. What sort of other compelling game needs you need?

I would definitely not label celerity as "weak" discipline. It provides strong effects (unlock and stealth with instant transform and forced march, loads of goodies for combat, etc)

Using TWDA as a reference is in general not a good idea. You are then using a single deck out of every tournament as a data sample. Obviously this is not how its supposed to work.

If we truly want to start collecting more useful metadata for card balancing purposes, we should start collecting deck lists from tournaments and use mark down ALL decks and cards, or at least deck types. If you want useful statistics, you need as large sample size as possible.

ps. I recently bought a brujah starter just to acquire some more stutter-steps to be used in my decks (Matasuntha, assamites (Khabar: honor WATAAAAAHH!!), etc).

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 03 Aug 2018 07:20 by Bloodartist.

More
03 Aug 2018 08:44 - 03 Aug 2018 08:45 #89584 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic [Submission] Celetity fixes

Which have at least some claws or disarms, isn't it? Combined with leathery hide/mettle depending on support crew?
Not denying that it can work ankha, and that's the proposed card isn't much better for the deck, but stutter-step is niche AF.

Maybe it's a niche, but certainly not wallpaper as you said a few posts ago.
It works with agg, but also when you hit for 3 while dodging all negative effects from your opponent's strike.
When you're in combat at close range, it's really important not to expose the vampire to some nasty combat cards (Entombment etc.)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 Aug 2018 08:45 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds