lightbulb [Submission] Running Interference (Cel+Obf = +Intercept)

03 Aug 2018 00:32 #89574 by LivesByProxy
Name: Running Interference
Cardtype: Reaction :reaction:
Cost: n/a
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: :cel: :obf:
Clan: n/a

Card Text:
:cel: :obf: You may discard up to three cards requiring Celerity :cel: and / or Obfuscate :obf:. This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept for each card discarded this way.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, and if at least one of the cards granted +1 or more stealth, this vampire gets an additional +X intercept where X was the amount of stealth that discarded card granted. (If more than one card granted +stealth, you choose the one to be converted into +intercept.)

Flavor Text: "Yeah, I see him. No, he doesn't have a clue..."

Art Notes: A City Gangrel !gang! (Zachary) secretly stalks another nameless vampire from across the street. He has a smart phone to his ear, talking to some unknown director.

World of Darkness Reference: n/a

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Grants City Gangrel and Assamites +intercept in a flavorful / thematic way, letting them block key actions and get into combat which their other disciplines support. I've been considering a card that lets you turn +stealth into +intercept for a while now, as the two concepts are overlapping in my mind. IMO, the vampire who would be best at intercepting the actions of another vampire would be the one who did it discreetly, quietly. The one you didn't know was stalking / sabotaging you until it was too late.

Created by: Ethan Mathis

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 18:44 #89608 by ReverendRevolver
It may be too good, given that it let's you pitch whatever garbage you want while probably granting more intercept in one card than even :aus: normally gives you.
You chuck a lost in crowds and get +3.

!Gangrel get Abbot and under siege and eyes of the beast. There's like 3 more cards, but I wouldn't call them playable.
Anyway, they can block to the point of I started building a deck around them, Instantaneous transformation, celerity, guns, and abbot/ under siege.
Then I started looking for psyche and earth meld, got deja vu, and remembered I had a Matusuntha deck and she is awesome, so said !Gangrel deck is on hold.

Protean could use a black sunrise style card though, IMO.

More
03 Aug 2018 19:32 #89611 by Lech
It's generally nice narrative, but the card is both wordy and cumberstone, not to mention powerful. While it's nice to get some intercept out of stealth, it's more flavourful to make it counterable by dropping intercept cards. Like

:cel: :obf: Discard up to two :cel: and/or :obf: cards to get up to +2 intercept. Acting vampire may discard intercept card he can play to reduce intercept by 1.
:cel: :OBF: As above, but acting minion must discard two cards instead to reduce intercept by 1.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
04 Aug 2018 13:54 #89630 by jblacey

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Grants City Gangrel and Assamites +intercept in a flavorful / thematic way, letting them block key actions and get into combat which their other disciplines support. I've been considering a card that lets you turn +stealth into +intercept for a while now, as the two concepts are overlapping in my mind.

Don't have a problem with ani/aus getting
stealth or cel/obf getting intercept. However, intercept is not a problem for Assimites or Gangrel Antitribu.

Here is the real issue. Those clans need a more effective way to do pool damage without depending on dom/pres/aus.

More
04 Aug 2018 14:38 #89635 by LivesByProxy
A while back I submitted the idea for a card to grant Assamites and !Gangrel an additional bleed. With some help, the final form looked like this:

Cardtype: Action Modifier :modifier:
Cost: 1 :blood:
Discipline: :cel: :obf:
Only usable after a successful bleed action. A vampire may play only one Running Errands each turn.
:cel: :obf: This vampire may take an additional bleed this turn. If more than 2 pool is bled from that action, ignore the excess.
:CEL: :OBF: As above, but usable after an unsuccessful bleed action.

The card was called Running Errands and the flavor text was:
"Where were you last night?" -Maria Stone.
"Running errands." -Luke Fellows.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
04 Aug 2018 14:49 #89636 by jblacey
So basically a freak drive for bleeds that overrides the no repeat action rule and favors one large bleeder instead of many small bleeds?

Thematically extra actions with Celerity could work, but I would expected this be the exact kind of card you don't want to give to the Unnamed.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds