file Bunch of Red List vampires

01 Sep 2018 03:25 #90339 by Klaital
Hello, here I am making cards for most of the remaining vampires (some being adv versions of already existing ones) that are in the Red List or are noted of being in the line to be added to the Red List in WoD canon. Mainly because I think Red List vampires are really interesting, since due to the Red List drawback, they can be more powerful than normal, often with unusual abilities. I didn't put group numbers on them because I guess thats something the designers can decide if they choose to make any of them, the advanced versions of course should be same group as the base ones. What do people think?

Name: Karen Anatos
Cardtype: Vampire
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: :cel: :FOR: :pot: :pre: :PRO:
Clan: Gangrel
Independent, Red List. Karen gets +1 stealth when hunting and gains an additional blood if succesfull, Mortals cannot block her, she cannot have a title or chosen to be recipient of one. +1 bleed.

Art notes: Late twenties white female, horror movie star, pale and tragic.

World of Darkness reference: V:TM Clanbook Gangrel p64. She is a movie star who was embraced by Brunhilde on a whim and then abandoned, knows absolutely nothing about the vampire society and most what she knows about vampires is from pop culture, is famous celebrity in the mortal world though (having several times faked her death and returned under a new name and identity over the decades). Was put on the red list for being a threat to the masquerade after she ghouled a fan in live television show.

Name: Ayisha, the Jocastian
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: :AUS: :cel: :DEM: :dom: :for: :OBF:
Clan: Malkavian
Anarch, Red List. Ayisha gains +1 bleed for each gehenna card in play, +1 Hand Size

Art notes:Ayisha Jocastian has almond-shaped eyes, tan skin, and black hair. She knows she is being hunted and has updated her look to avoid unwanted suspicion. Currently she dresses like a college student to appear much younger than she is and blend into the background. Normally her costume is a college sweatshirt, black leggings, and ugly boots

World of Darkness reference: VTM The Book of Nod. V20 Dread Names, Red List p 57-59. Diablerized her sire, obsessed with Gehenna, was responsible for the wide spreading of the Book of Nod, with complete disregard to the masquerade, resulted in it even being available as an ebook, this act caused her to be added to the red list.

Name: Francisca Santos Dos Rodriquez
Cardtype:Vampire
Discplines::DAI: :DOM: :obf: :OBT: :pot: :tha:
Clan Lasombra
Sabbat, Red List Fransica can recruit or employ any demon as if she met the requirements, she is immune to damage from demons. Minions opposing her in combat, as well as their retainers, take 1 unpreventable damage before range is determined each round. Infernal.

Art Notes: Brazilian native woman from the 17th century, mid twenties, she has dark skin, black unruly hair, and a wild look in her eyes.

World of Darkness Reference:V20 Dread Names, Red List p53-55. Infernalist, already before becoming a vampire, has demonstrated ability to control demons, and believed to have caused the earthquake in mexico city 2014, possibly attempting to awaken Baali methuselahs.

Name:Alex Swift
Capacity: 9
Discplines: :ANI: :CEL: :FOR: :obf: :PRO:
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Sabbat Black Hand, Red List. Alex can steal a location as a D action +1 Strength.

Art Notes: Mid-thirties man, originally a confederate soldier during the American civil war, dressed like a member of a paramilitary group, with a raven perched on his shoulder.

World of Darkness Reference: V20 Dread Names, Red List p44-47. Sabbat military mastermind famous for taking out, and taking over camarilla holdings. Was put on the red list due to being considered one of the most dangerous Sabbat alive due to his disregard of protocol, kindred society, and the traditions.

Name: Kyoko Shinsegawa (advanced)
Capacity: 5
Discplines: :aus: :cel: :dom: :for:
Clan: Tremere
Camarilla, Red List. Kyoko and you can play cards requiring Toreador as if she would be one, she gets +1 stealth on non-bleed D actions.+1 bleed.
(Merged) Anarch. Kyoko gains an additional blood when hunting, she can steal 1 blood or life as a ranged strike.

Art Notes: Japanese woman with wild black hair, brown eyes, and sharp pointed nails. Her dress is ripped, muddy, and stained with blood.

World of Darkness Reference: VTM: Children of the Night p76, V20: Dread Names, Red List p36-39. Former scourge of San Franciso, Kyoko has a passionated hatred for all kindred due the circumstances of her embrace, During her years as a scourge she perfected her talents in hunting kindred and is now a perfect predator, having destroyed countless vampires, seeming to specifically target camarilla kindred, which resulted in her being added to the Red List soon after she disappeared from San Francisco.

Name:Raymond Narcisse
Discplines: :AUS: :CEL: :for: :PRE:
Clan: Toreador
Independent, Red List. Raymond can enter combat with any vampire controlled by another methuselah as a D action. +1 Strength.

Art Notes: Originally French inquisitor from 16th century, Raymond Narcisse wears a silver cross around his neck. He has shoulder length hair he keeps in a ponytail. He finds comfort dressing in all black, like other priests, minus the collar of course. He also always wears gloves.

World of Darkness Reference: V20: Dread Names, Red List p32-35. He was a devout catholic priest in life, who was first turned into a ghoul by a sadistic vampire named Jardine, who inflicted horrible scars all over his body during the long years Raymond was forced to serve him. Later, an anathema named Eric Kuster had a meeting with Jardine, but was followed there by a group of Alastors, in the ensuing fight, Jardine was destroyed, while Kuster fled, with the alastors chasing after him, ignoring the ghoul. Later Kuster tracked Raymond down and embraced him as punishment for failing to protect Jardine. Later, after Kuster was attacked by alastors and fled again, Raymond was captured by the alastors who then taught him about the traditions and the vampire society, during which, Raymond became obsessed with noddist lore, but intepreted the passages completely differently than others, coming to believe that God had forged him into a perfect weapon so that he might wipe Caine and all his children from the face of the earth. After this, he moved across the sea to the New World and has been hunting down and destroying vampires ever since, not discriminating between sect. Due to his blatant disregard of the 6th tradition, he was placed in the Red List, though the camarilla is unaware of the true reason he is destroying vampires, or they would likely focus more on stopping him.

Name: Madame Guil (advanced)
Capacity: 10
Discplines: :AUS: :CEL: :for: :pot: :PRE: :ser:
Independent, Red List, Blood hunts cannot be called on Guil, +1 Strength.
(merged) Anarch. Guil gets an optional additional strike on the first round of combat, this does not count against her additional strikes limit for the round.

Art Notes: Extremely beautiful 16 years old french woman with blonde hair and a dangerous glint in her eyes.

World of Darkness Reference: Clanbook Toreador Revised p59-60, Guide to the Camarilla p27, Dread Names, Red List p48, 51, 59, 118, among others. Real name Gilles, she is a diablerist, and lover of Luc (yes the malkavian antitribu), who were separated from each other after a botched diablerie attempt on a childe of Francois Villon, that Luc took the blame for and fled the ensuing Blood Hunt. She spent lot of time among the Anarchs and criminal underworld, but had to cling to the powerbase of hated Francois Villon to survive the french revolution, calling herself Madame Guil, she used her masterful social skills to navigate the camarilla politics, eventually becoming the Toreador Justicar. Eventually she disappeared entirely, abandoning not only her position as Justicar but Camarilla entirely, possibly reunited with her lover, her current whereabouts are unknown, but the Camarilla fear her greatly due to both her considerable personal power as well as her intimate knowledge of the Camarillas secret workings due to her time as a Justicar, and suspect she might have turned traitor, and is in the queue of people being added to the Red List when there is space.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2018 13:07 #90366 by ReverendRevolver
Not bad, but not sure about Karen.
Her low generation isn't much due to her relative youth, and shes got like :for: @3 :pro: @3, and everything else 2or1.
Her danger to the Masquerade is probably important to whatever her special is.

Doesn't it suck trying to make cards out of current RedList compared to power levels of first book? I was more excited about the CotR characters more often than the Dnrl ones.

More
03 Sep 2018 14:00 #90372 by jamesatzephyr
I know nothing about Karen's RPG backstory, but being 7 cap and having FOR PRO cel pot pre" makes me wonder about the decks she'd fit into. Having no Animalism (for compatibility with Country Gangrel) or Obfuscate (for City !Gangrel) makes me wonder how you'd deploy her in a coherent deck. Lots of the vampires she'd be vaguely compatible with have some level of Animalism (obviously common with For/Pro), and being hamstrung around using Carrion Crows and Deep Song would be potentially annoying.

Even if it's not 100% true to her backstory, I'd be tempted to smudge some Animalism in there somewhere.

More
03 Sep 2018 17:19 #90378 by ReverendRevolver

I know nothing about Karen's RPG backstory, but being 7 cap and having FOR PRO cel pot pre" makes me wonder about the decks she'd fit into. Having no Animalism (for compatibility with Country Gangrel) or Obfuscate (for City !Gangrel) makes me wonder how you'd deploy her in a coherent deck. Lots of the vampires she'd be vaguely compatible with have some level of Animalism (obviously common with For/Pro), and being hamstrung around using Carrion Crows and Deep Song would be potentially annoying.

Even if it's not 100% true to her backstory, I'd be tempted to smudge some Animalism in there somewhere.

She has one dot of :ani:
But, fluff wise, shes a famous Actress with virtually no ties to kindred and elaborate plans in place to shatter the masquerade of action is taken against her. Shes an elder Gangrel by happentancial embrace, but because of who she is as an individual just remained a Hollywood Starlet instead of your token sire-abandoned gangrel.
So, even basic :ani: helps her be usable. Or , treat her like an Ishtari with :PRO: and make her masquerade break style special define her.

More
03 Sep 2018 18:36 #90381 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Bunch of Red List vampires
Yeah I based Karen's specials mainly around the fact she is a famous movie star in the mortal world, with her no titles drawback being because she has no ties to the kindred society. The discplines were pretty easy for her as thats about all discplines she has on her character sheet (minus a couple lvl 1s, which I think is little enough that it usually doesn't show in a vtes card).

More
03 Sep 2018 18:37 - 04 Sep 2018 00:40 #90382 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Bunch of Red List vampires

Name: Karen Anatos
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: :cel: :FOR: :pot: :pre: :PRO:
Clan: Gangrel
Independent, Red List. Karen gets +1 stealth when hunting and gains an additional blood if succesfull, Mortals cannot block her, she cannot have a title or chosen to be recipient of one. +1 bleed.

Probably my favorite of the vampires you have on the list. The only thing missing is Anarch. That said her ability is practically worthless unless you intend it to be a disadvantage. At which point, I would argue that she doesn't need a disadvantage.

Slight rewording to save card text.

Karen Anatos
7 Capacity
:gang:
:cel: :pot: :pre: :FOR: :PRO: Anarch. Red List. Karen gets +1 stealth when hunting. +1 bleed. +1 hunt.
Group 4

Now she works pretty well in an Anarch bruise bleed deck.

Name: Ayisha, the Jocastian
Disciplines: :AUS: :cel: :DEM: :dom: :for: :OBF:
Clan: Malkavian
Anarch, Red List. Ayisha gains +1 bleed for each gehenna card in play, +1 Hand Size

I really think +bleed for the first ability is the wrong way to go with this vampire. What if you swapped the text?

What about:

Ayisha, the Jocastian
8 Capacity
:malk:
:cel: :dom: :for: :AUS: :DEM::OBF:
Anarch, Red List. While Ayisha is ready, you gain +1 hand size for each gehenna card in play, +1 bleed.
Group 6.

Edit: removed comment about overcost.

Name: Francisca Santos Dos Rodriquez
Cardtype:Vampire
Discplines::DAI: :DOM: :obf: :OBT: :pot: :tha:
Clan Lasombra
Sabbat, Red List Fransica can recruit or employ any demon as if she met the requirements, she is immune to damage from demons. Minions opposing her in combat, as well as their retainers, take 1 unpreventable damage before range is determined each round. Infernal.

That text is entirely too long. You might need to subtract a point in disciplines. In addition, pretty sure as written would never see play. Her ability just doesn't work. Either she gets Fortitude and becomes the ultimate combat monster with Dawn Op, or she becomes an immediate target because her disciplines make her a primary threat.

I tried to come with multiple changes to improve, but none of them work. Ultimately, I would recommend don't print.

Name:Alex Swift
Capacity: 9
Discplines: :ANI: :CEL: :FOR: :obf: :PRO:
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Sabbat Black Hand, Red List. Alex can steal a location as a D action +1 Strength.

Not bad, but ultimately so generic that he would never see play. Change his steal ability into a rush action or "Blood Hunt referendums called on Alex fail." and you might have a card. I love Gangrel Antitribu but as listed he just isn't good enough.

Name: Kyoko Shinsegawa (advanced)
Capacity: 5
Discplines: :aus: :cel: :dom: :for:
Clan: Tremere
Camarilla, Red List. Kyoko and you can play cards requiring Toreador as if she would be one, she gets +1 stealth on non-bleed D actions.+1 bleed.
(Merged) Anarch. Kyoko gains an additional blood when hunting, she can steal 1 blood or life as a ranged strike.

This might be a good template for a card that should *not* be added to the game.

1) The text is too long.
2) This is an advanced card for a young capacity vampire which makes it more abusable.
3) The card (without card text) is too powerful and is dangerous in an existing dominate archetype (pun intended).
4) The card is out of thematic for it's listed clan and more likely to see play out of clan.
5) +1 stealth (for non-bleed actions) for 5 cap is way too strong.
6) The vampire has +1 bleed for no apparent reason.
7) The vampire has the same amount of out clan disciplines as in-clan.
8) The vampire has more points in abilities than they have in disciplines.

Name:Raymond Narcisse
Discplines: :AUS: :CEL: :for: :PRE:
Independent, Red List. Raymond can enter combat with any vampire controlled by another methuselah as a D action. +1 Strength.

Change the clan to !tore! leave the rest of the card alone (including Independent) and I think he would be fine.

Name: Madame Guil (advanced)
Capacity: 10
Discplines: :AUS: :CEL: :for: :pot: :PRE: :ser:
Independent, Red List, Blood hunts cannot be called on Guil, +1 Strength.
(merged) Anarch. Guil gets an optional additional strike on the first round of combat, this does not count against her additional strikes limit for the round.

I remember her. Not sure she needs an advanced. One of the biggest problems is that this version just doesn't add anything interesting to the game, help flesh out any new archetypes, or solve any problems.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2018 00:40 by jblacey.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds