SER OBF PRE cel pot
Independant: during your unlock, if intisar is ready and if you control the edge, you can give to a methuselah a pool to tap a minion of your choice controlled by that methuselah.
SER OBF PRE POT cel dai
Sabbat. Priscus. When a methuselah forfeits the edge for a vote, intisar gains a vote. Infernal.:
Merged: When a methuselah loses the edge, burn it or forfeits it, Intisar gains a blood and unlocks.
Some explanations: intisar is kind of an exceptionnal case. Embraced by sethites against her will, she turned to infernalism in order to take revenge of them. She joined the early sabbat as an adviser to the black monastery.
I tried to use these elements in this attempt for rhe advanced version.
This version looks both as a complementary vampire for :
- sethites vote: even if not independant the priscus vote may help to pass through the reckless. And its aditionnal vote for forfeiting the edge can help the free state rants...
- sethites "edge" cards: advanced version allows to take an advantage of cards such as enticements, extortion, ... Which were not much exploited for the moment. The unlock ability also allows to save pool from intisar infernalism as well as to allows multi action on such cards as enticement or edge leverage.
- sabbat votes: it would allow to help both decks with presence and obscufate as well as brujah antitrie decks as she has the right discipline and with her special ability.
- sethite defense: the merged unlock ability can also be used a weak way to get some blocking minion with a clan not famous for blocking minion.
- typhonic beast: increased potence allows to play her along with glycon. And may make interesting things combined with murat and suhailah...
- daimonon / baali: intisar can play corruption cards which could maybe give a reason to play rise of the fallen in combination with baali crypt. She is not baali so cannot play shatter the gates or great beast unless she plays clan impersonation.
snegiem wrote: Sabbat. Priscus. When a methuselah forfeits the edge for a vote, intisar gains a vote.
The term used in the rulebook is just "burn", not forfeit.
snegiem wrote: Merged: When a methuselah loses the edge, burn it or forfeits it, Intisar gains a blood and unlocks.
This could generate a lot of blood very quickly. With regular bleeding going on around the table, this could potentially be one blood in every person's turn (because when I get the edge for a successful bleed, the Methuselah who had it loses it) - and you can't really get people to stop bleeding, when it's their primary ousting mechanism. That's without any real conscious attempt to make active use of it. Even on a merged vampire, that feels like questionable amount of fairly passive blood gain.
It could be tweaked, but I love the idea.
This could generate a lot of blood very quickly.
Big caps, especially when merged, have to be super strong if they don't have a bounce discipline. Elsewise they'll never see play.
And I mean, come on, she's even infernal.
I'm actually loving this. Intisar deserves advanced love. It's great.
Some tweaks and cleaning up the text I'd suggest. I don't know if it's cool to have her unlock even after slamming through some Enticement. Unless you really fancy it. But this seems a bit more reined in.
Sabbat. Priscus. When a methuselah burns the edge for a vote, intisar gains a vote. Infernal.
When another methuselah loses or burns the edge Intisar gains a blood and unlocks.
"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
Facebook @ VtES: Joensuu
"Merged: When your prey... "
That said, I think you could go as powerful as gains a blood each turn but it should just be a hard to no to the unlock part.
jblacey wrote: That said, I think you could go as powerful as gains a blood each turn but it should just be a hard to no to the unlock part.
I feel like I need to explain this thought.
1) Multiple unlocks practically invalidates the Infernal trait. There should be a challenge to the trait.
2) Let me stress this, I am good with the blood gain. If you want vote push, this exactly the kinda of mechanic you want. Even combat, it works.
3) The other problem that with unlock, she will be a serious Wall vampire. I have no doubt that Abbot, Under Siege, etc will be played but the combination of both blood gain and unlock is too much. If I can only choose either blood gain or unlock... then I choose blood because of #2.
jblacey wrote: Let me stress this, I am good with the blood gain. If you want vote push, this exactly the kinda of mechanic you want. Even combat, it works.
I'm fine with a vampire having decent blood gain options - and of course a voting deck has options around Voter Cap - but when it doesn't have to lift a finger to do it, it's much less interesting from a design perspective. There isn't an action you can block, or a referendum you can fail/Delay, or a combat you can derail etc. Even if Intisar goes to torpor, blood still comes running. It just gets quite a lot of blood, quite a lot of the time, because expecting everyone else on the table to stop bleeding is fairly unrealistic.
If it was, say, a decent whack of blood contingent on Intisar successfully doing something (whatever that might be), that would be much more interactive.