file [Submission] Deranged Mokolé

29 Sep 2018 19:41 - 26 Oct 2018 06:28 #90836 by Mateusz
Name: Deranged Mokolé*
Alternative Names: Hired Mokolé, Rampant Mokolé
Cardtype: Ally :ally:
Cost: 4 :pool:
Clan or Requirement: Scarce Vampire or Vampire with Capacity 9 or more**

* There exists a card in the Rage CCG with that name

** I wanted to give players a little more incentive to make greater use of Scare Vampires, while the alternative requirement is mainly for fluff and fun (See below)

Burn Option :burn:

Card Text:
Unique werewolf with 6 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.
The Mokolé cannot block undirected actions. He can enter combat with any locked vampire as a (d) action. Once each combat he can prevent up to two damage. The Mokolé cannot use aim cards. While he is in combat, your handsize is increased by one. If this acting vampire is Scarce, reduce the cost of this card by 2 :pool: and he or she may burn one blood to untap if the action is successful

Flavor Text:
None

Art Notes:
Should depict a large, bulky, bi-pedal Reptile or Saurian-like Creature, maybe also showing a transformation from a human form into a sort of "were-crocodile".

WoD Reference:
Mokolé are part of the WoD (Werewolf: The Apocalypse) and appear in several Works, for example:
WTA: Mokolé
W20: Changing Breeds, p. 137-152
WTA: Werewolf Players Guide, p. 165-171

Created by: Jörg Alten

Version updated: 08.10.2018

"Renegade Garou, can do!"
Last edit: 26 Oct 2018 06:28 by Mateusz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2018 20:04 #90837 by Snodig
That's pretty cheap.
Why do you include diminishing aggravated damage? Allies don't take aggravated damage anyway, so it would be really rare that someone would try.

More
30 Sep 2018 06:49 #90838 by Mateusz

That's pretty cheap.

As mentioned, making the card too expensive contributes less to the part of encouraging more play of Scarce Vampires. But i think in comparison with War Ghoul or Ossian it is still acceptable. Sure, 7 life is quite much, but no regeneration/life gain, rushing is limited to locked minons and no blocking of indirected should be restrictive enough.

Why do you include diminishing aggravated damage? Allies don't take aggravated damage anyway, so it would be really rare that someone would try.

I am aware of that, this is more a fluff ability, as these creatures are less vulnerable to fire and so on due to their cold-blooded metabolism and hide. It is very conercase, but so flamethrowers or simple cycling of cards like wolf claws will be less effective. I am unsure about that, maybe change it too: "Once each combat, he can burn 1 life to prevent 2 points of damage."?

More
30 Sep 2018 09:09 #90839 by Snodig
A 3-pool with 7 life that can rush and strike 3 agg (oec) seems less than acceptable.
Sure, the requirement is harsh, but I’d make this 4, if not 5 pool, and still maybe downsize to 5 life.

More
30 Sep 2018 09:29 - 30 Sep 2018 09:36 #90841 by Mateusz
Maybe you are right ... i edited the Abilites now and tweaked a little. What do you think? I marked changes in red.

Last edit: 30 Sep 2018 09:36 by Mateusz.

More
30 Sep 2018 10:10 #90842 by Snodig
That seems more balanced.
The flavor of the card has changed quite a bit though; are you sure it’s still what you wanted to create?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds