file [Submission] Deranged Mokolé

01 Oct 2018 17:27 #90888 by LivesByProxy
@Mateusz: If I were going to support the Scarce clans, I would probably have something like this:

The Last Of Us
Requires a Scarce vampire.
Action. :action: +2 stealth. Put two blood from the blood bank on an uncontrolled scarce vampire.
Reaction. :reaction: +1 intercept vs actions directed (D) against scarce vampires you control.

The Mokole can still exist, but I'd make it require Laibon clans instead of Scarce clans. (Crocodiles are primarily African, right?)

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2018 18:38 #90890 by Klaital
Mokole are actually mostly South American.

More
02 Oct 2018 17:09 #90914 by ReverendRevolver

Mokole are actually mostly South American.

Huh?
Maybe comparatively to the top half of the hemisphere, but the Eastern Hemisphere (by most sources) seems to have a bigger representation that the West.
Ignoring the hugeness of Europe and Africa, the Makara of India and the Zhong Lung of mainland Asia represent 2 of the 4 Streams of Mokole (this is how they classify themselves, by which ancient stream they align with) the Gumagan are a stream around Australia and Oceania.
Lastly, the mokole-mbembe are of Africa and the Americas swampland. Now W20Changing breeds p141 states that this stream was rarely sighted outside the Amazon decades ago, but have become more numerous, especially among Homid born, afterwards.
Still, only 1 of 4 streams. And since the war of rage they like most fera try to appear scarce (Beast courts of Asia being an exception).

Anyway,

Maybe a unique 4 life with +1 hand size that prevents 1 damage a round and has 2 strength for 4 pool. That can rush something tapped. And requires Trujah.

More
03 Oct 2018 21:34 #90955 by jamesatzephyr

Maybe a unique 4 life with +1 hand size that prevents 1 damage a round and has 2 strength for 4 pool. That can rush something tapped. And requires Trujah.

I'm not massively seeing the appeal of many of these, as they don't seem to line up that well with most of the scarce clans, either generally or specifically.

Here, the Trujah pair well with vampires with Potence, and so small vampires playing Immortal Grapple to foil S:CE, Disarm etc. seem generally a better option if you want some extra combat support. It's not a dreadful idea for them, but they could probably be doing better. More generally, they're not terrible for the Salubri if they want an offensive combat angle - although I do wonder whether they'd just prefer to take your blood off you with SM/Heidelberg, rather than having a lumbering great ally damage it a bit. Nagaraja are somewhat harder to use together, though it obviously has been done, and I'm not sure ones requiring scarce vampires would make much sense for them. Abominations are a bit painful - Lorrie would pay the extra pool, Pariah can't take the undirected action to recruit it.

I get that scarce vampires (generally or specific clans) having contacts with scarce changing breeds is a cool idea. I'm just not sure I see the VTES-side utility.

More
07 Oct 2018 20:12 - 07 Oct 2018 20:17 #91031 by Mateusz

I get that scarce vampires (generally or specific clans) having contacts with scarce changing breeds is a cool idea. I'm just not sure I see the VTES-side utility.

That was what i thought. I admit it might not be the best or the most obvious way to encourage players to use more Scarce Vamps, but i still think it is better than nothing.

Anotzher option, open the card to more clans/sects but give Scare vampires additional benefits? Something like you can untap after recruitment if Scarce? Or Increase Cost to 4 but scarce reduces it to two?

Maybe some of you guys are willing to playtest the Card in casual gaming?

"Renegade Garou, can do!"
Last edit: 07 Oct 2018 20:17 by Mateusz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds