file Pool Damage Boost for Nosferatu Antitribu

03 Oct 2018 21:05 #90954 by kschaefer
I think the Bujo template makes a lot of sense for political actions, but fails to capture the same intent with other actions. I agree with the comments about Necromancy.

So, this changes the card to steal a real card from your prey. If there isn't one, you've gained knowledge of your prey's hand and get an effect that will reduce a bleed by 1. With the steal effect, I now think it should cost 1 blood.

Quite a change from Killiam's version, but, I think, and interesting evolution.

What about this variation:

Name: Stolen Secrets
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Cost: 1 :blood:
+1 stealth action.
(D) Look at your prey's hand and put this card into play. Choose a bleed action or bleed modifier (if any) from your prey's hand and place it on this card. You may burn this card to play the attached card (pay cost as normal). This vampire does not need to meet the requirements of the attached card. If it requires a discipline this vampire does not have, use the inferior version. You may burn this card to reduce a bleed against you by 1 plus the amount of bleed on the attached card (if any).

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2018 22:01 #90956 by narpassword

What about this variation:

Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action.
(D) Look at your prey's hand and put this card into play. Choose a bleed action or bleed modifier (if any) from your prey's hand and place it on this card. You may burn this card to play the attached card (pay cost as normal). This vampire does not need to meet the requirements of the attached card. If it requires a discipline this vampire does not have, use the inferior version. You may burn this card to reduce a bleed against you by 1 plus the amount of bleed on the attached card (if any).

heh,

Grab a bleed card like steely tenacity or sense the sin and use the basic ability of the card

More
03 Oct 2018 22:16 #90957 by Killiam
Karl - In the interest of not losing sight of card efficiency, action efficiency and ousting power, what if we combined James’ Scavenged Parts action-mod mechanic? It could look like this:

Cardtype: Action modifier
Only usable after a successful bleed. Look at the target Methuselah’s hand. If it contains any bleed actions or +bleed action modifiers, you may choose one and place it with this card on the acting vampire. The attached vampire may burn this card to play the chosen card as if from your hand (paying costs as normal) and does not need to meet the requirements. If it requires a discipline this vampire does not have, use the inferior version.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"How did some slip of a girly boy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?" -Hedwig Robinson

More
03 Oct 2018 23:41 - 04 Oct 2018 00:03 #90958 by LivesByProxy
You guys are (to use a Southern idiom) going around your ass to get to your elbow trying to word this Stolen Secrets card.

What are you trying to do? You want to 1) look at your preys hand, 2) deny your prey a +bleed card, AND 3) give your own guy +bleed. That's power on par with Deflection, maybe even stronger. But you guys want it to take an total of two actions to be able to do it. (The 1st to steal the card, the 2nd to 'play' the +bleed card.)

If I were going to word it, it would say:

Action Modifier
Look at your prey's hand. You may burn a bleed action card or bleed action modifier card from their hand. You may have a minion you control get +X bleed until end of turn, where X is the bleed bonus from that card.

Simple, done. Probably overpowered.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2018 00:03 by LivesByProxy. Reason: spelling

More
04 Oct 2018 09:40 #90968 by Lönkka

Here's an idea that occurs to me:
Scavenge...

Would these proposed cards be more beneficial for !Nos if instead of focusing on (electronic) equipment you could choose any card? Especially as Camera Phone is not compatible with Deep Song bleed.

Or would that make the proposed card too good?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Oct 2018 18:01 #90976 by 1uck
Looking at the !nos crypt choices:
10/43 have combat related text (including intercept), 14/43 with titles or political bonus, 7/43 with general utility text (including stealth), 5/43 with bleed bonuses, and 5/43 black hand

And of the library cards, half of them (5/10, 3 directly and 2 on having the edge) are bleed related.

I wonder if more help with bleeding is really what the !nos need. They have no clan specific library cards to help out their political game thus far. I really do like the theme of the nos and !nos having effects that manipulate cards in other players' hands and libraries though and would be thrilled to see more of those. And I think more cards expanding upon having the edge could be fun as well.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds