file Pool Damage Boost for Nosferatu Antitribu

03 Oct 2018 18:53 #90946 by Killiam
James -- Love the Scavenged Parts action mod! Powerful, not OP, action-efficient and thematic.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2018 19:18 - 03 Oct 2018 19:23 #90947 by Kraus
I'll have you know, Stolen Secrets has some hilarious synergy with a Nosferatu pool damage card I suggested way back:

www.vekn.net/forum/expansion-sets-card-ideas/75955-submission-brood-of-brokers?start=0

Brood of Brokers for Govern for days, Stolen Secrets for bleeding with discarded Governs.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 19:23 by Kraus.

More
03 Oct 2018 19:28 #90948 by LivesByProxy
I also quite like the Scavenged Parts card.

I like the idea behind Unwitting Informant, but it doesn't synergize with the !Nos Courier or Dirty Little Secrets. (It should.) However, if we make these cards (Scavenged Parts, Unwitting Informant) !Nos specific, it would be another case of VEKN / BC building the deck/archetype for us. Not good.

(Aside: Why is Courier and Dirty Little Secrets !Nos specific anyway? Spying and info gathering might be the specialty of the Nos/!Nos within the lore (despite them having no innate information gathering power like Auspex...), but it's not like it's exclusively their domain. It should be a thing vampires do in general.)

Would also suggest the card to be called Data Mining, because it's the 21st Century. :P

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
03 Oct 2018 19:46 #90949 by 1uck
Nice stuff here, it has inspired me to make a few cards as well:

Name: Rocinha Favela, Brazil
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: :!nos:
Cost: None
Unique. This equipment card represents a location and does not count as equipment while in play. The first round of a combat involving this minion is set to close range; skip the determine range step.

Name: Exaction
Cardtype: Action
(D) Look at your preys hand and choose a card. Your prey discards that card and loses pool equal to its blood or pool cost.

Name: Hush Money
Cardtype: Master
Unique. Put this card in play. When this card enters play both you and your prey move 3 pool to this card. During your unlock phase you may move up to two counters from this card to any Methuselahs' pool. Burn this card when it has no counters left. A vampire controlled by another Methuselah may take (D) action to burn this card and move any remaining counters to your prey's pool.

More
03 Oct 2018 20:08 #90950 by kschaefer
A couple of updates here. First, make it playable when your prey does not have any bleed actions. Second, make the cost of the bleed action paid as it is used (like an action modifier would be) instead of at resolution, this makes it a small drawback, if you cannot stealth it through. Third, I took the Roll/Steely Tenacity approach to keeping this card around, which makes the card come back faster at the cost of not redrawing immediately. Fourth, looked at Bujo to retemplate the "stolen bleed" portion.

Name: Stolen Secrets
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Cost: Variable
Do not replace until the end of the action.
(D) Bleed or burn X blood to choose a bleed action in your prey's ash with a cost of X and bleed with this chosen card. This vampire does not need to meet the requirements of the card. If the chosen card requires a discipline this vampire does not have, use the inferior version. If the bleed is successful, remove the chosen card from the game. When you would redraw to replace this card, you may burn the edge to move this card from your ash heap to your hand.

More
03 Oct 2018 20:33 #90952 by 1uck
RE: Stolen Secrets

Playing cards from the discard pile tends to be reserved for Necromancy and/or more specifically Harbingers. What if it were no cost, but triggered only on revealing the top card of the preys deck as being a bleed action? Otherwise, it just bled as normal after the reveal.

I get what it's trying to do, but with the way it's worded I'm not sure it can. It looks like the initial action has to be successful and then it triggers a second action to begin?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds