file [submission] Clan-Specific discipline cards

10 Oct 2018 23:02 #91136 by self biased
The overall idea is to basically give a boost to clans that don't have a unique discipline, or have their unique discipline basically be the town bicycle. This would help impart greater thematic flavor to these clans, despite their lack of a unique discipline.

for example:

while this doesn't really affect any thaumaturgy cards, it does allow for tremere to use their blood magic to aid a few key Dominate cards.

thoughts and/or ideas?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2018 06:20 #91138 by Ankha
Older, but by how much? Does it affect capacity? What if the two players use that card, who is older?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
11 Oct 2018 13:36 #91142 by ReverendRevolver
Concept is golden, and opens doors for the different blood magics (Assamites alone have different variants on DuAnKi and Sihr, the Tzimisce have their koldunic stuff, theres ogham, Sadhana, and Setites Anku and Nahuallotl. Also, :NEC: is really like 8ish different things.
That's ignoring Abyss mysticism Dark Thaum, and more.

But the card is not great, and would frankly be wallpaper.

More
11 Oct 2018 14:51 - 11 Oct 2018 18:42 #91143 by Cat_in_Exile
I like the concept.

In fact, with V5 seemingly consolidating several disciplines (Serpentis into Protean, Dementation into Dominate, etc) this may be the way going forward, if VTES is going to follow metaplot events.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2018 18:42 by Cat_in_Exile.

More
11 Oct 2018 19:13 #91146 by ReverendRevolver

I like the concept.

In fact, with V5 seemingly consolidating several disciplines (Serpentis into Protean, Dementation into Dominate, etc) this may be the way going forward, if VTES is going to follow metaplot events.

You skipped :tha: and :qui: being the same thing.

I really do have an elaborate mechanical summary that I'll post with the metaplot stuff. I'm just try to edit out more of my angry social commentary and anti-politicking before I post. Keeping real world politics out of parts of the game it has no business being in angers me, so I'm trying to aim at less bias more "point and facepalm " before posting, as it's more an issue to content mass of the book than a particular mechanic choice.

More
11 Oct 2018 19:18 #91147 by Kraus

I'm just try to edit out more of my angry social commentary and anti-politicking before I post.

This is encouraged. Thank you in advance.

Yours,
Moderation

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds