file [submission] Clan-Specific discipline cards

11 Oct 2018 20:20 #91149 by LivesByProxy

I'm just try to edit out more of my angry social commentary and anti-politicking before I post.

This is encouraged. Thank you in advance.

But I like reading angry social commentary and anti-politicking rants. :(

@Self-Biased: I like the idea sort-of. I would rather see cards usable by anyone who has the required discipline(s) but give a bonus to a specific clan like Aire of Elation. I also think it would be better in some cases to require a difficult to achieve discipline combination for anyone other than that clan's vampires. Example: A card requiring :ANI::OBF::POT: basically necessitates Nos/!Nos but it isn't locked to their clan.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2018 21:22 #91152 by ReverendRevolver

I'm just try to edit out more of my angry social commentary and anti-politicking before I post.

This is encouraged. Thank you in advance.

But I like reading angry social commentary and anti-politicking rants. :(

@Self-Biased: I like the idea sort-of. I would rather see cards usable by anyone who has the required discipline(s) but give a bonus to a specific clan like Aire of Elation. I also think it would be better in some cases to require a difficult to achieve discipline combination for anyone other than that clan's vampires. Example: A card requiring :ANI::OBF::POT: basically necessitates Nos/!Nos but it isn't locked to their clan.

Torvus likes cards that use :ANI: :OBF: :pot: lots.......

The parts I'm clipping are nominally about how culturally you apparently have to over-emphasize that people aren't really supernatural creatures of the night every few pages or you assume liability for people who cant figure that out after the first 2 times its said. Shame. Could a added a whole extra chapter. I'll post it in a few days. Still trying to find a few more good things to say about the systems for dramatic pacing, but trying to get the math in to support it for hunger/rouse stuff. (Because I initially wrote it angry at how much digging and jumping I had to do to find out what happened to create new status quo)

More
12 Oct 2018 02:23 #91156 by Klaital
I don't really see much benefit of this over just making them clan-requirement cards without the discpline instead, which there is plenty of example already (especially in many cards that should be necromancy requiring Giovanni instead)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds