file Group 5 !Nos Ideas

17 Oct 2018 12:56 - 18 Oct 2018 02:34 #91246 by LivesByProxy
When I initially joined the site as a new VTES player, Ben Peal said something like, 'it would be interesting to hear from new players their modern gaming expectations,' or something, don't quote me.

I didn't express it at the time, but something I've thought about since and want to express now: please, please give the vampires cool specials. Even if they're really narrow or corner-case, give them something. The thing that disappoints me most about this game is seeing the number of vampires who have blank text boxes. I've played other card games: MTG, Android:NetRunner, Arkham Horror: LCG, the L5R LCG, and all of them have moved away from 'vanilla' cards. I get the sense that BC is headed that way given the recent Lost Kindred expansion, but still, please, make vampires cool again!

That said, here are a bunch of ideas for specials I thought of for fun:

Winston Walsh
:cap8: Sabbat. Archbishop of Charleston.
:POT: :OBF: :FOR: :ANI:
You may begin the game with Winston Walsh in your uncontrolled region (in addition to your other uncontrolled minions.) Winston gets +1 bleed against any Methuselah who controls a titled Camarilla vampire.

Copperhead
:cap4: Sabbat.
:ser: :obf: :ani:
If Copperhead is diablerized, and the acting vampire has Serpentis, that vampire gains 1 level of Serpentis. Otherwise, that vampire burns 2 blood.

Biter
:cap5: Sabbat. Nosferatu Antitribu Slave.
:PRO: :POT: :obf: :dem: :ani:
Biter cannot act except to enter combat. He is immune to strikes to end combat. At the end of any turn, if he is not at full capacity, move 1 blood from a Nosferatu Antitribu !nosf! you control to him. If you can't, he diablerizes a ready vampire you control at random.

Imalia
:cap6: Sabbat. Black Hand.
:POT: :obf: :cel: :ani:
Imalia gets +1 strength vs Toreador or Toreador Antitribu. She gets +1 strength vs female ♀ vampires.

Thelma
:cap9: Sabbat. Archbishop of Charlotte.
:THN: :NEC: :OBF: :ANI: :aus:
Thelma can call a referendum to force each Methuselah to draw 1 card from their crypt as a +1 stealth political action. If successful, your prey also moves 3 pool to that card.

Dalton "Duke" Duvoire
:cap7: Anarch. Baron of Nashville.
:POT: :obf: :for: :dom: :ani:
Duke can play cards as though he were a Sabbat Archbishop.

Vaden
:cap10: Sabbat. Cardinal.
:OBT: :OBF: :POT: :DOM: :ANI:
When Vaden attempts to block your predator or prey's vampires, his stealth counts as though it were intercept. He can play action modifier cards that grant stealth as though they were reaction cards. +1 bleed. +1 stealth.

Marcy Gray
:cap3: Sabbat.
:pot: :for:
When you move Marcy from your uncontrolled region to you ready region during your influence phase, you may equip her with a Baseball Bat, Leather Jacket, and/or Sports Bike from your hand (pay cost as normal).

Gnat
:cap2: Sabbat.
:obf: :ani:
If Gnat takes any damage, burn him. Gnat may enter combat with any 11 capacity vampire as a (D) action. Lock that vampire after combat if Gnat is still ready.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2018 02:34 by LivesByProxy. Reason: updated to reflect suggestions; changes in purple

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 13:01 - 17 Oct 2018 13:02 #91247 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Group 5 !Nos Ideas
Vaden ability is brilliant.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2018 13:02 by Lech.

More
17 Oct 2018 13:50 - 17 Oct 2018 13:51 #91249 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Group 5 !Nos Ideas
Imalia:
A fan card of Black Gloves used a similar wording, before BH was printed.
Gender stuff is too messy.
I referred to Erinyi as "she" and nobody believed me until later that game I asked Scott.

Thelma:
Cool. Frankly that could be a political action card. I'd prefer seeing a canon Archbishop, but still neat.

Duke:
Almost .
Make him a Baron of somewhere and let him play cards as though he were Sabbat Archbishop.
I submitted a non-disguised version of Lucius Sejanus (akaVitel) who aligns with modern Canon as a Baron, but my submission let you and him play cards as though he were prince or archbishop. Cleaner wording for Anarch stuff.

Vaden:
Could be great, but you can't play :obf: action modifiers as reactions. So add:
"Vaden can play reaction cards that grant stealth as reaction cards if blocking in this way."

Marcy:
Make her anarch. It's not an action, so:
"As you move Marcy from your uncontrolled region to you ready region during your influence phase, you may equip her with a Baseball Bat, Leather Jacket, And/Or Sportsbike from your hand(pay cost as normal). "

Gnat:
Improperly costed. 2 is one discipline, unless they have a drawback. Historically a big one, because they are pander/caitiff or a bloodline. Leo Washington is the only regular clan 2 cap with 2 In clan disciplines, and a mild drawback. Rico, Bez, Jayne all get SUP at 2, but Rico is barely usable, Jayne is rush bait, and Bez is not played that I've seen. Gnat can bleed at stealth, so is too good. :ani: :pot: or :obf: :pot: and maybe cant attempt political actions is better.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2018 13:51 by ReverendRevolver.

More
17 Oct 2018 15:22 #91251 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Group 5 !Nos Ideas

Vaden:
"Vaden can play reaction cards that grant stealth as reaction cards if blocking in this way."

I feel that is being too messy. There are ways to stack static stealth to vampires, ie. Blithe Acceptance. I'd say it would be better if his 'cept stacked as stealth as well. 'cept permanents are more common. Less worms in the can.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
17 Oct 2018 18:03 #91255 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Group 5 !Nos Ideas

Vaden:

I feel that is being too messy.

That's potentially quite messy, but you could potentially do something similar.

"When Vaden is attempting to block, you may discard an action modifier from your hand that requires OBF or OBT to give him +1 intercept for this action."

Tweak to taste depending on whether you want it to be stackable on one action or not.

Bonus for doing it this way: it gets round the question of whether Bonding can be used for intercept. Possible negative: if you make it repeatable on one action, you could ditch multiple of the same action modifier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
17 Oct 2018 21:51 #91257 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Group 5 !Nos Ideas

Gnat:
Improperly costed. 2 is one discipline, unless they have a drawback. Historically a big one, because they are pander/caitiff or a bloodline. Leo Washington is the only regular clan 2 cap with 2 In clan disciplines, and a mild drawback. Rico, Bez, Jayne all get SUP at 2, but Rico is barely usable, Jayne is rush bait, and Bez is not played that I've seen. Gnat can bleed at stealth, so is too good. :ani: :pot: or :obf: :pot: and maybe cant attempt political actions is better.

You forgot Spleen and Fidai.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds