23 Oct 2018 09:08 - 23 Oct 2018 10:32 #91416 by Bloodartist
Name: The power behind the throne
Cardtype: Action
Cost: -
Capacity: -
Discipline: -
Clan: Toreador or antitoreador
+3 stealth action. Unique.
Attach this card to the acting vampire and choose a vampire in play. Whenever the chosen vampire calls a referendum and it passes, the attached vampire gains +1 vote permanently.

Flavor text: "My lord, if I may suggest.."

Art notes: A courtly woman standing behind a partly obscured authoritative figure with a scheming expression on her face, in a medieval setting.

World of Darkness reference:
VtM: dark ages sourcebook archetype "the power behind the throne". See attached file.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
It's time Camarilla gets some love. I find this also fits the flavor of toreador perfectly, and can be used as a form of vote defense, or as a way to support your own voting vampires.

Created by: Juha Laukkanen

Warning: Spoiler!

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 10:32 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2018 13:16 #91429 by Mewcat
Interesting. Maybe add in a way to remove since the inherent stealth is So high. If the attached vamp fails a vote burn all counters on this card. It should utilize counters btw to better meet guideline 8 of submissions.

More
23 Oct 2018 13:47 #91430 by Klaital
Yeah making it burn the counters if the vampire fails a referendum might be good, as it is kind of similar to Aura of Invincibility.

More
23 Oct 2018 14:54 #91433 by Kraus
The theme is lovely.

It could be also restricted to "Primogen or titled Sabbat vampire", if you want to give it broader use. It could use it, to be honest.

+3 Stealth is absolutely warranted. Nice.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
23 Oct 2018 15:36 - 23 Oct 2018 15:39 #91435 by Bloodartist

Yeah making it burn the counters if the vampire fails a referendum might be good, as it is kind of similar to Aura of Invincibility.

I find this is too restrictive, or at least prevents the card from being used as vote defense, if you cannot vote against a referendum without it blowing up its votes. Its not merely there to support your own voting.

I thought that if you use it against another voter deck, its relatively easy to circumvent it (just call political actions with another vampire), so I didn't put further negatives into it. Especially when coupled with uniqueness. However, this forces opponent to play around it, creating interesting game states rather than being linearly and boringly beneficial.

The idea behind the wording "gains x votes permanently" was that the votes would remain even if the card is contested (representing courtly intrigue).

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 15:39 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Oct 2018 15:44 #91437 by Klaital
I meant the counters being burned if a referndum called by the vampire it is on fails or is cancelled, so it would be solid vote defense, but more risky if used in more aggressive way to push your own votes. I would also give a capacity limit to the action, like requires a 7+ cap vampire or something, for both balance and flavor reasons, as no neonate should have this kind of influence over someone, and it makes it not abusable by weenies.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds