file Smallpox Griet (Advanced)

30 Oct 2018 02:40 #91588 by LivesByProxy
Smallpox Griet
Nosferatu Antitribu !nosf!
:cap9: :POT: :OBF: :CEL: :ANI: :thn:
Sabbat :sabbat: If Smallpox successfully inflicts hand damage in consecutive rounds of a combat, the opponent gets 1 pox counter. A minion with any pox counters takes 1 damage during his or her unlock phase. Burn all pox counters when Smallpox Griet leaves the ready region.

So I like this card, but she's just not worth it IMO. But if she got an advanced version, maybe she could be powered up:

Smallpox Griet
:cap10: :THN: :POT: :OBF: :CEL: :ANI:
:adv: Sabbat :sabbat: Archbishop of Someplace. Smallpox Griet gets 1 optional press on the first, second, and third rounds of combat. :merged: If the opposing vampire is going to torpor and Griet is still ready, she may unlock or continue the action as though unblocked.

Just adding +bleed to her would be too easy. I thought giving her a psuedo-Trap as a special would be cool. Merged kind of lets her multi-act or finish what she started.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2018 08:05 #91627 by Bloodartist

Smallpox Griet
:adv: Sabbat :sabbat: Archbishop of Someplace. Smallpox Griet gets 1 optional press on the first, second, and third rounds of combat. :merged: If the opposing vampire is going to torpor and Griet is still ready, she may unlock or continue the action as though unblocked.

This is a bit messy, since it implies combat happened from being blocked, whereas in reality combat can happen from many different reasons. I think it would be more in-line with other cards to give her just a single press on the first round of combat.

Maybe merged ability could be a +1 str vs a minion who has a pox counter?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
01 Nov 2018 09:44 #91628 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Smallpox Griet (Advanced)
Just keep the advanced at 9 cap with same discplines as the basic and make her priscus or archbishop with +1 intercept. And merged ability optional press.

More
01 Nov 2018 10:52 - 01 Nov 2018 10:52 #91629 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Smallpox Griet (Advanced)

Just keep the advanced at 9 cap with same discplines as the basic and make her priscus or archbishop with +1 intercept. And merged ability optional press.

Upping :THN: would be fair though, just to make room for more funny strategies. Thanatosis' more obscure strikes are spot on for Griet.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 01 Nov 2018 10:52 by Kraus.

More
15 Feb 2019 16:48 #93475 by snegiem
Replied by snegiem on topic Smallpox Griet (Advanced)
source wikia:
Smallpox Griet North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany Nosferatu antitribu 8 until 1999 Reichsgold: Aachen bei Nacht, p. 73

however she was mentioned apparently in aachen by nacht (aix la chapelle by night, then capital of the charlemagne empire, today in belgium) so she may be "belgium" or "dutch" also...
I don t have this sourcebook and as it was published only in german...

I would prefer the following :
:cap 9: :thn: :POT: :OBF: :CEL: :ANI:
one optional press per combat. +1 hand damage.
:adv: Griet has +1 bleed when bleeding a methuselah for each minion he controls with a pox counter for each minion with he controls with a thanatosis card.

it would leave her an option to become anarch and to give her a reward for "poxing" or "thanatosis-ing" minions... and it would ensure her ability to inflict damages with the +1... to have played her a few time, I almost never succeeded to put pow counters as minions were preventing / dodging / combat ending / making aggravated damages... and that even when i was succeeding going through, i always needed a card to get a press...

More
15 Feb 2019 20:39 #93479 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Smallpox Griet (Advanced)

Smallpox Griet

Just adding +bleed to her would be too easy. I thought giving her a psuedo-Trap as a special would be cool. Merged kind of lets her multi-act or finish what she started.

So I was thinking on this vampire.

What about:

Smallpox Griet
:cap9: :POT: :OBF: :CEL: :ANI: :thn:
:adv: Sabbat :sabbat: Smallpox Griet gets 1 optional press each combat. +1 Strength :merged: Griet has +1 bleed for each pox counter in play.

Why?

1. A title doesn't make any sense unless you just want to make it harder to go anarch.
2. This means the merge mechanic feeds off the card text from both versions. Realistically, Griet is probably going to get a press from the immortal grapple anyway, but now the advanced text has another press.
3. Griet has :CEL: which adds multiple press options, but a default strength of 1 is really bad when combined with Celerity. You pretty much need to add Depravity and/or Torn Signpost asap into the deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds