file Eyes of the death2 + a new card

01 Dec 2018 21:15 - 01 Dec 2018 21:15 #92188 by Whisker
So inspired by the thread to errata old bad cards I attempted to do something to worst offender of 'em all, The Eyes of the Death. What I had in mind however was far too wordy to be considered a simple errata, so I created a new card instead.

Name: Eyes of the fallen
Cardtype: reaction
Cost:
Discipline:necromancy
Only usable during action directed at a vampire in torpor.
nec: this reacting vampire attempts to block, ignoring the normal target restrictions for blocking actions.
NEC: as above, but with +1 intercept, even if intercept is not yet needed.
Flavor text: I left him in that crypt and when his friends came to get him I saw 'em coming and was ready for 'em.
Art notes: a body full of bulled holes lying in a corridor , but with eyes wide open.
World of Darkness reference: a variation on the first level necromancy power eyes of the death.
How does this card address a compelling game need?: The cross table rescue, bane of all combat decks. With this card Samedi and Giovanni have a fighting change of keeping their targets where they belong, in the torpor region. Can also be used defensively to protect a friendly in torpor from diableria or grave robbing.
Created by: Mikko Moisander

Same text can also be applied to original card to make it corner case instead of complete wall paper. Now at least the card can also be used to block rescue attempts by predator and prey.

Eyes of the death (revised text)
[nec] This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
[NEC] As above, but with +2 intercept.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2018 21:15 by Whisker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 23:21 - 01 Dec 2018 23:23 #92190 by LivesByProxy
You could even make it a wake. It's not too strong.

Only usable during action directed at a vampire in torpor. May be used by a locked vampire.
:nec: This reacting vampire unlocks if locked and attempts to block, ignoring the normal target restrictions for blocking actions.
:NEC: As above, but with +1 intercept, even if intercept is not yet needed.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2018 23:23 by LivesByProxy.

More
16 Dec 2018 16:32 - 16 Dec 2018 16:35 #92397 by jblacey
For what it is worth, part of the problem is the trigger is so specific that the effect has to be almost over the top to justify the card slot over a generic +1 intercept.

Personally, I would like to see an action that punishes the attempt, beyond just that one action. Something like this:

:nec: Action fails.
:NEC: As above, this vampire gains +1 intercept, even if intercept is not yet needed, until the end of the turn.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2018 16:35 by jblacey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds