file Cerebral Resequencing [Protean]

04 Jan 2019 22:36 #92644 by LivesByProxy
Cerebral Resequencing
Action Modifier :modifier:
Only usable during a bleed action.
:pro: Cancel the effects of a reaction card requiring Auspex :aus:, Chimerstry :chi: , or Dementation :dem:, or Dominate :dom: as it is played. That card cannot be played again this action.
:PRO: As above, but cancel the effects of a reaction card requiring the superior level of any of those Disciplines (i.e. :AUS:, :CHI:, :DEM:, or :DOM:). If a card effect is cancelled this way, this acting minion gets +1 bleed.

WoD Reference: None. :side:

Rationale: A boost to Protean, intended to give !gang! some anti-bounce, an effect I haven't seen searching Amaranth (other than Aksinya Daclau.) It explores the design space of giving Protean resistance to other Disciplines, similar to Shape Mastery, acting as a mirror of that card in particular. I would like to think that if the users of Protean can reform their body, they can also reform their brain and negate mentally debilitating afflictions and effects, thus why it cancels those Disciplines in particular. I also think Protean could / should get a card that lets the user swap it out for other disciplines on the fly, like my special ability below.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2019 01:25 #92645 by Boris The Blade
Stanislava bleeds you for 9.

More
05 Jan 2019 01:48 #92646 by self biased

"Archon Investigation."

More
05 Jan 2019 08:54 #92647 by Kraus

"Archon Investigation."

On your turn with Enkil Cog.

I will try to find some time to write a more thorough reply, but yes, bounce cancel is already a gimmick for other disciplines. No one wants to see Unnamed and Stanislava even more powerful.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
05 Jan 2019 15:07 #92650 by ReverendRevolver

"Archon Investigation."

On your turn with Enkil Cog.

I will try to find some time to write a more thorough reply, but yes, bounce cancel is already a gimmick for other disciplines. No one wants to see Unnamed and Stanislava even more powerful.

But :pro: still has room to grow with the ability to cancel stuff.
I'd just say canceling sce, dodge, a manuever to long, or a press is more its territory. Also, things that dont cost a blood, can prevent damage, and add strength to non agg hand strokes for its past and current vtm role and have not been its focus.
Like:
Quick Carapace
:pro:
:combat:
:pro: prevent one non-aggravated damage or prevent up to 3 damage from a strike with a gun.
:PRO: Strike: strength +1 damage, with an optional press.

But the proposed card makes Stanislava, Unnamed, and Rachel Brandywine giggle uncontrollably at bleeds on your preys turn. At least touch of clarity and hide the mind are 2 separate cards...

More
05 Jan 2019 18:45 - 05 Jan 2019 18:48 #92652 by Bloodartist
I'm not opposed to more bounce cancel, although I'd rather it be against dominate only. Bounce is one big element on why games take so long.

The suggested card is ridiculously over the top, canceling both auspex and dominate bounces and draba to top it off. However, the real problem is how to prevent the OP vampires from using this IN ADDITION to all the other broken cards.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 05 Jan 2019 18:48 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds