file Submission: Calling Song

11 Jan 2019 00:41 #92763 by Nac
Replied by Nac on topic Submission: Calling Song
DoC need a cript with their flaw applied to other than blocking and a wake and there could be easily another viable archetipe.

Calling Song
:action:
1 :blood:
If successfully, unlock this vampire and attach this card. Burn this card during your next unlock phase.
:mel:: This vampire does not lock to block.
:MEL:: As above and this vampire has an optional Maneuver during each combat.

This reads amazing but without adressing their flaw it just doesn't work. Half of actual daughters could not use the card and the other half could use it to try to react with less intercept or paying blood to try. A theoretical cript tha makes them flawed to vote, could use it (i played a DoC wall once and it was fun. Delilah Monroe needed a sport bike and a lot of tourette's voice to just try to block as anyone else)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2019 18:32 #92934 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Calling Song

DoC need a cript with their flaw applied to other than blocking and a wake and there could be easily another viable archetipe.

Calling Song
1 :blood:
If successfully, unlock this vampire and attach this card. Burn this card during your next unlock phase.

This reads amazing but without adressing their flaw it just doesn't work. Half of actual daughters could not use the card and the other half could use it to try to react with less intercept or paying blood to try. A theoretical cript tha makes them flawed to vote, could use it (i played a DoC wall once and it was fun. Delilah Monroe needed a sport bike and a lot of tourette's voice to just try to block as anyone else)

Okay how about this... maybe Increase the blood cost by 1 because of the increase in power of text.. probably need to play test to check if this is too powerful.

Calling Song
2 :blood:
If successfully, unlock this vampire and attach this card. This vampire may ignore targeting or card text restrictions for blocking actions. Burn this card during your next unlock phase.

Better?

More
16 Jan 2019 18:43 #92935 by jamesatzephyr

If successfully, unlock this vampire and attach this card. This vampire may ignore targeting or card text restrictions for blocking actions. Burn this card during your next unlock phase.

The words "or card text restrictions for blocking actions" give me some concern. Does that include anything that makes an action unblockable by vampires (e.g. Day Operation), or fully unblockable (Horrific Countenance)? Does it mean that I can ignore your Crocodile's Tongue without burning blood for it? Can I ignore Elder Impersonation superior?

More
16 Jan 2019 19:01 #92937 by jblacey

The words "or card text restrictions for blocking actions" give me some concern. Does that include anything that makes an action unblockable by vampires (e.g. Day Operation), or fully unblockable (Horrific Countenance)? Does it mean that I can ignore your Crocodile's Tongue without burning blood for it? Can I ignore Elder Impersonation superior?

I would not think card restrictions would affect normal costs. For example, Eagle sight allows you to ignore normal targeting rules for actions, but does not allow you to ignore stealth/intercept requirements. In fact, I was trying to pattern the card text much more similar to a one turn Eagle Sight than anything else.

More
16 Jan 2019 19:42 #92942 by jamesatzephyr

I would not think card restrictions would affect normal costs.

Costs? I'm asking if my vampire can ignore:
- the action being unblockable
- the action being unblockable by vampires
- a block fails + cannot block again effect
- a block cancellation + controller cannot attempt to block again effect.

Because those appear to be card text restrictions on blocking.

Also, Seduction, The Sleeping Mind, Incriminating Videotape, and all sorts of other effects (many terrible).

More
16 Jan 2019 20:08 - 16 Jan 2019 20:21 #92946 by jblacey

I would not think card restrictions would affect normal costs.

Costs? I'm asking if my vampire can ignore:
- the action being unblockable
- the action being unblockable by vampires
- a block fails + cannot block again effect
- a block cancellation + controller cannot attempt to block again effect.

Because those appear to be card text restrictions on blocking.

Also, Seduction, The Sleeping Mind, Incriminating Videotape, and all sorts of other effects (many terrible).

I would think it be similar to this: (or at least that was the intention)

Eagle's Sight rulings: Can be used to overcome the restrictions on blocking (allowing a non-target Methuselah to block a directed action or a non-adjacent Methuselah to block an undirected action). It won't overcome any other restrictions on blocking (like stealth, Seduction, Day Operation, or a prior "I don't block" decision). [RTR 20020501]

Existing Card:

Tyler McGill
Camarilla: Tyler gets an additional vote when any Methuselah burns the Edge for a vote. He cannot block Nosferatu.

The idea is that hopefully Calling Song would allow Tyler to block Nosferatu.

or

Yseult
Sabbat: When Yseult plays a card that requires Melpominee [mel] , you may draw an additional card. Discard afterward. Yseult cannot block vampires with capacity above 4.

I am less concerned about the card text that says things like "has to burn a blood" or "-1 Intercept" though as I considered that a normal cost, not an exclusion.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 20:21 by jblacey.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds