file Crushing Grip (Potence Votes)

21 Jan 2019 15:36 - 21 Jan 2019 15:37 #93044 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Crushing Grip (Potence Votes)
Well, the impact of target vitals on the game is another thing altogether (and I agree that it is way too strong for a non requirement card).

And for the last idea you propose, this seems less game breaking.

Maybe just adding a "lock this reacting vampire TO enter combat" in order to prevent wake cards to work with this reaction card.

And/or maybe something like "only playable once each turn" either at superior or at any level.

I was trying to identify in wich scenario it would be stronger or on the same power level than Yamp Court and I was remembering a game we had last week were my predator had a yamp court in play and I was playing a vote deck. I had to stack my vote cards in order to do a big turn once his Yamp Court was locked.

Anyway, I can see this card neither being too strong nor wallpaper. It just need to be playtested if the design team wants something along those lines.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2019 15:37 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Yomyael, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2019 17:35 #93048 by jamesatzephyr

I was trying to identify in wich scenario it would be stronger or on the same power level than Yamp Court and I was remembering a game we had last week were my predator had a yamp court in play and I was playing a vote deck. I had to stack my vote cards in order to do a big turn once his Yamp Court was locked.

The fact that Yawp Court can have such a huge impact on games while being:

- a master card, so it's competing with hugely powerful cards like Pentex Subversion, Villein etc.
- used in small quantities in a deck (I'd guess more than 2 is unlikely)
- once per turn, leaving aside House of Sorrow type shenanigans
- capable of inflicting pain on the vampire using it, if the acting vampire is still ready
- in plain sight, so people know if you have it available, or not
- a location, so potentially burnable or stealable
- unique, so at least in theory it could be contested, like combat decks in days of yore would sometimes include Elysium: The Arboretum purely to contest it (when E:TA was usable in any combat)

...means I have one or two mild concerns about a similar card which is none of these things.

This isn't necessarily directly related to the card's overall power level and ability to make you win when you're facing the creme de la creme of V:TES at the finals of a continental championship or whatever. My concern is more about the ability of cards used in the hands of players who aren't that great, to tear tables down indiscriminately, or to make ensure another player loses even though you don't actually get much out of it yourself.

More
22 Jan 2019 16:50 - 22 Jan 2019 16:51 #93081 by jblacey
Suggestion:

Tense Negotiation
:reaction:
Only usable after the announcement of a referendum on a political action.
:pot: No further action modifiers or reaction cards may be played on this action.
:POT: As above, lock this reacting minion and burn a blood to enter combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion leaves the ready region as the result of combat the referendum fails. (Otherwise, the referendum continues as normal.)

Reason:

Cancelling an action modifier by itself with the limitation of only working during a referendum is pretty weak. In general, you would be better off just gaining votes and that wouldn't be great either. That said "no further action modifiers or reaction cards" feels more thematically appropriate to potence, in addition this means you don't have to put a requirement like" only one Tense Negotiation can be played each referendum". The down side is that I think entering combat during a political action *should* have a high cost and you should definitely not be able to play another copy.

Just a thought.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 16:51 by jblacey.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds