file Submission: Intensity

12 Mar 2019 17:53 #94038 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Intensity
So... I am going to back to the original design and narrow the focus to bleed only. I do think a card like this necessary to help fix the current weakness of potence.

Intensity
:reaction:
1 :blood:
Only usable when a bleed against you is successful. Play after resolution.
:pot: Lock this vampire to enter combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion leaves the ready region as a result of this combat, gain pool equal to the amount lost. The acting minion may burn blood equal to the bleed to cancel this reaction.
:POT: As above, and if this vampire is ready at the end of the first round of combat they gain blood lost by the acting minion.

So noticeable changes. There is now a way to prevent the combat but it becomes considerably more expense the larger the bleed. Also, instead of unlock, it has superior card text to help them gain lost blood back.

Bleed me with Night Moves, it will cost one blood to cancel Intensity.
Bleed me with GtU + Conditioning. it will cost 6+ blood to cancel intensity and if combat occurs there is a way for combat deck to recoup losses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2019 16:04 #94096 by Ratadin
Replied by Ratadin on topic Submission: Intensity
I feel it does too many things at the same time and it is too powerful. Maybe something like this would prove a decent defense against bleed, plus allowing touch of pain to be viable.

Intensity
Only usable when a bleed against you would be successful.
:pot: Lock this vampire. The action Fails. The acting minion can burn 2 blood or life to cancel this card as it is played. A vampire can only play one Intensity per action.
:POT: As above, but do not lock this reacting vampire, and cancelling this card costs an additional blood or life.

More
17 Mar 2019 18:45 #94118 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Intensity

I feel it does too many things at the same time and it is too powerful. Maybe something like this would prove a decent defense against bleed, plus allowing touch of pain to be viable.

Intensity
Only usable when a bleed against you would be successful.
:pot: Lock this vampire. The action Fails. The acting minion can burn 2 blood or life to cancel this card as it is played. A vampire can only play one Intensity per action.
:POT: As above, but do not lock this reacting vampire, and cancelling this card costs an additional blood or life.

1. This card does not enable combat.
2. This card does not scale based on the bleed.
3. I would never choose this card over a bleed bounce or Bleed reduction option, ever.
4. This card causes the action to fail; meaning the action cost isn't paid.
5. There is nothing interesting or thematic about this version.

That said... there are two problems with the posted card.

1. The blood gain to the vampire on the superior text is probably too much.
2. The card tax of adding another card to a combat deck which are already too tight.

How about...

Intensity
Only usable when a bleed against you of 3 or more is successful. Play after resolution.
:pot: Lock this vampire to enter combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion leaves the ready region as a result of this combat, gain pool equal to the amount lost.
:POT: As above, and attach this card to this vampire. This vampire may use the inferior text once each turn as if it was played from hand.

- This shortens the text.
- Removes the blood gain mechanic.
- Restricts the reaction target.
- Makes the reaction re-playable (reducing card slot tax).

Thoughts?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds