file Submission: The Edge of Disaster

22 Jan 2019 14:01 #93075 by DJHedgehog

Well, both variations of this card (mainly the first) would add a lot of time to the game each player having to decide which card to keep and which one to discard...). And if someone wants to play multiple copies of it, we could have 10-15 min lost just discarding...

That's a solid point. I think it looks good on paper and would love to playtest to see if it is as clunky as it seems. To me it seems a viable solution to make it seem less random.

Since nobody has said it yet, I think the strongest point of this card, considering current meta, is that it stops Legionaires deader than death. Also shamblers, but I haven't seen those in ages.

I was thinking about Ashurs mostly, since it would be the end of a mill strategy. Tagging EL is just an added benefit :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 17:42 #93083 by jblacey

What if it took actions to mill someone?

Not sure you put that genii back in the bottle. I use to play a 7 raptor deck back in the day Pack Alpha + Psyche until my opponent lost their entire deck. All it really takes is :ani: :cel: and one combat action to deck someone. Sorry, one action you lost your deck.

How would that be any different than a vote action, or a bleed action? Hell, I have a lot less fun being bled for 6 than anything in this game but when I say something people just say "Dominate isn't broken". If you don't like slaughterhouse that's one thing, but mill as a strategy would be slow.

I didn't mention slaughterhouse but yes, that is a thing too. Slow? I suspect that our definitions of speed may be different.

My stance is that Milling is slow and doesn't really hurt you since you'll still have minions and be playing the game.

You and I play different games.

More
23 Jan 2019 00:04 #93098 by Timo

I use to play a 7 raptor deck back in the day Pack Alpha + Psyche until my opponent lost their entire deck. All it really takes is :ani: :cel: and one combat action to deck someone. Sorry, one action you lost your deck.

Well, you just didn't get far enough !

Just try something :
You need some set up :
Goratrix with an Infernal Pact for :TEM: and a Ruins of Ceoris or IR goggles (let's say about 10 to 15 slots to be sure to be ready mid game)
6+ Raptors (let's say about 20 to 25 slots again to be sure) and don't forget that raptor are paid by your opponent with Goratrix :wink:
Briksmanship on the table (this is the tricky part but Dia de los Muertos and a few copy of Pocket out of Time and Mirror Walk should help)
And then, you need 2 cards (Sense death or Bum's Rush and Pocket Out of Time) and about 6 to 10 bloods between Goratrix and the victim to kill anybody on the table, not blockable !

The rest of the deck can be good defense (raptor help a lot in this direction) and utilitary, you choose what you like !

More
23 Jan 2019 02:47 #93099 by DJHedgehog

What if it took actions to mill someone?

Not sure you put that genii back in the bottle. I use to play a 7 raptor deck back in the day Pack Alpha + Psyche until my opponent lost their entire deck. All it really takes is :ani: :cel: and one combat action to deck someone. Sorry, one action you lost your deck.

I've played this combo and seen it many many times. It is slow and unreliable. Yes it can hit, but that's an exception and not the rule.

There are lots of ways to bypass star blocker decks, but none of them require more than 1 card.

How would that be any different than a vote action, or a bleed action? Hell, I have a lot less fun being bled for 6 than anything in this game but when I say something people just say "Dominate isn't broken". If you don't like slaughterhouse that's one thing, but mill as a strategy would be slow.

I didn't mention slaughterhouse but yes, that is a thing too. Slow? I suspect that our definitions of speed may be different.

Slow is certainly a subjective term. Comparitively slow to both bleed and vote offensive strategies. My 4 cap with Superior dementation and inferior obfuscate can bleed for 4 at a bunch of stealth and gain a pool on turn two. It's not even possible to have the blood for 7 raptors on turn 2, even if you had a magical card draw.

Yes slaughterhouse is a thing. I mentioned earlier that I think slaughterhouse would need to be made unique if a milling strategy but I'm not even sure that's the case. You have to commit a lot of cards and turns to follow through with a slaughterhouse strategy.

My stance is that Milling is slow and doesn't really hurt you since you'll still have minions and be playing the game.

You and I play different games.

Thanks for being dismissive. I'm guessing I've played more VTES in the last year than you've played maybe ever. There's no reason for the condescention.

If you can make a straight-faced argument that milling is something that in it's current state could compete with Bleeds for 6 I'm willing to hear it. Losing pool, especially in the early game, can be devastating to any strategy. Losing cards isn't necessarily meaningful until you have no cards left to draw.

More
23 Jan 2019 05:18 #93100 by LivesByProxy
I think jblacey is referring to an Enkidu mill deck, where Enkidu employees Raptors and rushes to mill someone?

Now, IDK how using Raptors + :CEL: will let you deck some in one action.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Jan 2019 09:45 #93104 by Timo

INow, IDK how using Raptors + :CEL: will let you deck some in one action.

Well the plan is to enter combat and then not sending the opponent to torpor (best way IMO is a permanent maneuvre) and then you play a bunch of Psyche and for each new combat you mill seven more cards.

Tip : it is REALY unreliable...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds