file Forewarned is Forearmed

10 Mar 2019 22:11 - 10 Mar 2019 22:18 #94007 by jamesatzephyr

2 strength is too weak on its own to enable :pot: combat.

2 strength is enough for Disarm, against standard opponents. Plenty of weenie decks use vampires with only Potence and do well enough. It also stacks with other things, such as Preternatural Strength. PS doesn't stack with TS, but this would. Alternatively Heroic Might.
There are a few in the TWDA - some Osebo decks seem okay with using one or other, even with relative fatties - potentially knowing that they can get combats out of blocks (which other less block-y combat decks might not get, if they can't multi-act).

Not stacking with Torn Signpost kills the card.

I initially thought about going with +1 strength, but I wasn't that keen on lumping yet more stackable strength onto Potence vampires. My aim was that it would allow a Potence deck to have a somewhat more interesting defensive intercept angle, rather than just smashing things in the face even harder than before.

Don't forget that it is an intercept card.

Yes, the point of the design is to put a number of abilities onto one card (for card efficiency) but to make it slightly harder to play than any of the individual components. In terms of opportunity to play it, it's no harder to play than any other +1 intercept card in the game. Yes, your stickmen grinder (for example) might want to have the benefits of superior Precognition or Spirit's Touch, but it's relatively uncommon for you to sit there going "Oh no, I can't play this intercept at all".
Last edit: 10 Mar 2019 22:18 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds