exclamation-circle Submission: Celerity Refinement

19 Mar 2019 14:58 #94171 by jamesatzephyr

You're argument here falls flat because IG also works just as well in situations where there's only a few S:CE as when there's lots of S:CE, whereas Psyche! only works as well as IG when there's only a few S:CE.

Psyche! and other things like TT etc. also work when:
- your opponent plays Anaesthetic Touch (or Autonomic Mastery, which turns up in a few TWDs - emphasis on "few")
- your opponent plays Alpha Glint and similar pre-range "end combat" effects (Mariel, Powerbase: Savannah, Living Manse, Elysium etc.(*))
- for TT-like cards (but not Psyche!, because it queues a combat), when your opponent plays Illusions of the Kindred

Depending on what you see played locally - that guy with the annoying Salubri deck, or whatever - you may find this more useful than IG, Dog Pack, NSA Trio, Mind of the Wilds etc. (i.e. things that care about combat ending from a "combat ends" strike)

(*) This also includes the Shackles of Enkidu, which is in three whole TWDs ever, apparently. This is three more than I'd expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2019 18:01 #94172 by jblacey

You can't easily take the "let them cycle their cards a bit" option, even if you want to, if you've only got reliable access to IG in your deck.

You have a point; that never occurred to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds