exclamation-circle Submission: Species Speech

17 Mar 2019 16:26 #94114 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Species Speech
Well, Chimestry already has Hall of Mirrors.

Ahrimanes are absolutely great as a wall clan. They don't have weenie crypts anyways, so 'younger' or cap6+ requirements are fine as far as they are concerned.

Gangrel and Akunanse can actually work through S:CE with Rötschrek as they have access to aggro hands. Dog Pack is fine as well. Granted, though, I wouldn't mind seeing their 7+ crypts get a bit more mileage out of their animalism.

This could be debatable of course, but at least in Europe weenie animalism decks (anarch or not) have been super successful, and some of the only successful combat decks, in tournaments for the past decade. A 'normal' animalism combat deck doesn't exactly need help (even though that's debatable). Mid cap animalism tool boxes could need help, but they are hardly 'normal'.

The point is, 'normal' animalism combat decks already work. :) And they work well.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 17:48 - 17 Mar 2019 17:50 #94116 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Species Speech

Name: Species Speech
Cardtype: :combat: Combat
Cost: none
Discipline: :ani: Animalism
Card text:
Grapple. Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. A vampire can
play only one Species Speech each round.

:ani: Opposing ally or younger vampire may not attempt to dodge or combat end this round. If another round of combat occurs, this vampire can burn one blood to set the range this round.
:ANI: As above, but the vampire need not be younger.

First Thought: Now I really don't need Potence in my Tzimisce deck.

1. It is one way combat restriction (for a grapple card) without a blood cost.
2. It sets range in the inferior text.
3. It is another combat card in Animalism that completely overshadows Potence.

So in Summary:
Species Speech > Immortal Grapple
Song in the Dark > Burning Wrath
Target Vitals > Undead Strength

Species Speech + Song in the Dark + Target Vitals = Everything that Potence does... Animalism now does better.

In my opinion, I would prefer this card never be printed. There are some areas that I would like to see more Animalism... but not combat.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 17:50 by jblacey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
17 Mar 2019 19:08 #94119 by jamesatzephyr

The main idea is make normal animalism combat decks works. Ahrimanes, Ravnos, Gangrel and Akunanse don't have much to do against S:CE and I don't like create individual card to each clan like Death Seeker or Relentless Reaper.

You might find a dual-discipline Ani+For a useful combination to explore - it hits the Ravnos, Gangrel, Country !Gangrel, and Akunanse. If you put some sort of powerful combat ability on the ANI+FOR level, it kicks in at 6 capacity with the current set of vampires - which conveniently skips most of the potential weenie issues.

(It also avoids making Howler walls better, which is probably a convenient side effect.)

More
18 Mar 2019 10:03 #94125 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Submission: Species Speech

The main idea is make normal animalism combat decks works.

Uh, ain't the Aid from the Bats (preferably with Carrion Crows) like the ultimate short string combat package there is?

Sure this is for short range combat, but Potence is already such a marginal discipline, why make Animalsim outshine it in close range too?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds