file [Submission] Haste (Celerity)

23 Mar 2019 19:53 - 23 Mar 2019 22:05 #94225 by LivesByProxy
Haste
Reaction :reaction:
Requires a vampire who entered your ready region during your last Influence Phase.
:cel: +2 intercept.
:CEL: This minion may immediately take an action (including playing an action card from your hand) with an additional +1 stealth.

Rationale: I thought it was funny that the word 'Haste' had yet to be used in VTES, despite being a common keyword in Magic (and copied verbatim by many of Magic's clones.) But I thought it would be appropriate for Celerity. I thought the conditional / situational restriction found on Legendary Vampire would make it unique and interesting, and allude to the MTG functionality. Inferior could maybe be +3 instead of +2.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2019 22:05 by LivesByProxy. Reason: spelling; clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2019 21:48 #94226 by thelonius reloaded
So you are suggesting to resolve an action during an action thanks to a reaction.

And to give any toreador gun a +2 or +3 intercept with no drawback

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
23 Mar 2019 22:06 #94227 by LivesByProxy

So you are suggesting to resolve an action during an action thanks to a reaction.

Yes.

And to give any toreador gun a +2 or +3 intercept with no drawback.

"Requires a vampire who entered your ready region during your last Influence Phase."

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
24 Mar 2019 00:28 #94228 by jblacey

Haste
Reaction :reaction:
Requires a vampire who entered your ready region during your last Influence Phase.
:cel: +2 intercept.
:CEL: This minion may immediately take an action (including playing an action card from your hand) with an additional +1 stealth.

It seems you want to make the best Auspex card ever created but make it a celerity card instead?

More
24 Mar 2019 07:54 #94229 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic [Submission] Haste (Celerity)
Well, I strongly disagree with your analyse.

It is usable only if your vampire was influenced since your last turn.

So you can't pack more than 4/5 of them and it becomes really situational.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
24 Mar 2019 11:56 #94230 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Submission] Haste (Celerity)
I have a lot of trouble seeing why people see this as a better auspex card than most auspex cards.The timing restriction is crippling. Why is this so much more better than Ehanced Senses or Eyes of Argus?

The superior effect should, for consistency, not give the action right away, most likely. It should probably "follow the normal sequencing rules".

Name: Madness Network
[Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Malkavian
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Unlocked Malkavians can take actions in any Methuselah's minion phase (follow normal sequencing rules). Any minion can burn this card as an action that any unlocked Malkavian (in addition to the normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block.
Artist: Leif Jones; Anson Maddocks

Some time ago there was an insanely interesting :cel: :tem: :TEM: reaction that allowed for out-of-turn actions. I guess it cost 2 :blood: and required a successful block or something. I was really psyched for it. Couldn't find it for the life of me from the archives though.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds