file [Submission] Haste (Celerity)

24 Mar 2019 17:16 #94238 by jblacey

I have a lot of trouble seeing why people see this as a better auspex card than most auspex cards.The timing restriction is crippling. Why is this so much more better than Ehanced Senses or Eyes of Argus?

What deck are you playing this card? So the first deck that came to my mind was weenie celerity. In that deck, I have a new small vampire coming out every single turn. I wouldn't even blink at the card restriction in that deck. My Anarch version uses Undue influence + Information Highway + Effective Management. In fact, the only time I slow down is when pressure from my predator is too much.

All I can think when I see this card... is that I can run less auspex and play undue influence on my predator's turn.

That said, this card could really give Euro Brujah a shot in the arm. I can Deflection my predator's bleed (not locking) and then play Haste + GtU + Conditioning (at an additional +1 stealth) all at reaction speed... yeah, seems good.

Some time ago there was an insanely interesting :cel: :tem: :TEM: reaction that allowed for out-of-turn actions. I guess it cost 2 :blood: and required a successful block or something. I was really psyched for it. Couldn't find it for the life of me from the archives though.

It was my card. I can pull it from the archives and post it here later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2019 17:24 - 24 Mar 2019 17:24 #94239 by jblacey
Blinding Speed

Blinding Speed
:reaction:
Play at the end of another Methuselah's minion phase.
:cel: This vampire burns a :blood: and may attempt an action. This vampire goes to torpor after the resolution of that action.
:tem: This vampire may attempt an action. Cards played by this vampire during this action are not replaced until your next unlock phase.
:TEM: As :tem: above, but the action is at +1 stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.

"Time is unforgiving." -Krassimir
Last edit: 24 Mar 2019 17:24 by jblacey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
25 Mar 2019 14:40 #94247 by LivesByProxy
It is interesting how similar our ideas were. I had the inferior giving +2 intercept because I thought it would be very conditional and that the opportunity cost justified the larger +intercept value. Celerity does get conditional intercept, and this seemed to be a mechanically appropriately way of distinguishing it from (for example) Eyes of Argus or (what should be a Celerity card, IMO) Legwork.

I guess you're right though: you could abuse Celerity weenies with it. Maybe it should cost 1 :blood: and have the "do not replace" clause like yours does.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
25 Mar 2019 22:32 #94256 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Submission] Haste (Celerity)
I really think that celerity should have free conditional intercept.

Like:

Haste
:cel: +1 intercept. Not usable if already used :cel: intercept this action, can't use other :cel: intercept this action.
:CEL: :reflex: Only usable after a methuselah passed the impulse during his minion phase. This vampire may perform an action, but have to obey NRA since his controller's last turn, if any.

This way we have multi-acting, but it prevent obvious bleed-bleed-bleed-bleed abuse. Also fitting the theme as you can act with the vampire before your first turn.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
26 Mar 2019 00:19 #94258 by self biased

I really think that celerity should have free conditional intercept.

Like:

Haste
:cel: +1 intercept. Not usable if already used :cel: intercept this action, can't use other :cel: intercept this action.
:CEL: :reflex: Only usable after a methuselah passed the impulse during his minion phase. This vampire may perform an action, but have to obey NRA since his controller's last turn, if any.

This way we have multi-acting, but it prevent obvious bleed-bleed-bleed-bleed abuse. Also fitting the theme as you can act with the vampire before your first turn.

while I applaud your use of :reflex: in the card as kind of a catch-all, play-it-whenever-you-want cardtype, Reflex cards sadly do not work that way:

A minion can play a reflex card to cancel a specified kind of card played against him as it is played.

there are a bunch of cards that could probably be reflex cards instead to fit that sort of helter-skelter play this card whenever motif. Or maybe we could get rid of :reflex: altogether, because there probably doesn't need to be another discrete cardtype to handle the small amount of cases that Reflex fills, but that's another argument for another thread.

It feels like :CEL: is too powerful at first glance, but then again, you'd have to still be untapped to use it. Not sure if referencing Impulse, a term that's not present or defined in the rulebook is a great way to go either. I see what you're going for though.

More
26 Mar 2019 07:56 #94259 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Submission] Haste (Celerity)
Most abuse of out-of-turn actions come from double bleeding, this card prevent double-bleed scenario unlike say enkil's cog.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds