file Ridicule from harpies

10 Jun 2019 10:33 #95357 by Whisker
I was recently going through Camarilla sect cards for my upcoming blog post and was once again faced with the fact that Camarilla really is a sect for titled vampires. Pretty much only thing for rank and file to do is trying to get a title.

This led me to thinking what aspects of VtM Camarilla are missing from VtES.The most serious omission in my opinion is Harpies. The unlives of Camarilla rank and file are made and broken in the gatherings of elyseum courts where vampires both compete for and dread the attention of the harpies. Words from a harpy can launch your career or make you the laughstock for the night and should they screw up even mighty title holders of Camarilla are not safe from ridicule.

Ridicule from harpies.
Reaction
Cost: --
Discipline: --

Card text: Requires untitled camarilla vampire or a primogen. Only usable when an action or a referendum from a political action fails.

The acting vampire burns 1 blood, 2 blood if titled.

Art notes:a dishevealed looking vampire trying to leave Elyseum while every one else is pointing and laughing.
Compelling game need: something usefull for non-titled Camarilla to do. Primogen where let on the fun as they are so shafted in vtes anyway.
WoD reference: VtM core book.

I was considering making this only one can be played per action or affecting other Camarilla only, but decided that powerwise it's more interesting to make this stackable as both defencive and offencive tactics could benefit from powerfull blood denial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2019 22:20 #95364 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Ridicule from harpies
Interesting. I wonder how restrictive that timing window will actually be. I would rather have it be stronger and not stack, but I think I get the flavor. Just wondering, how many wakes / vampires do you expect to have untapped? Seems like a high opportunity cost to have a referendum or action fail, require cam vampires, multiples untapped vamps + wakes, and how many of these in hand? I'm concerned running these will be like Political Backlash. You really want it to work and play x6 of them, but it just doesn't happen like you want.

What if the acting vampire burns blood equal to the number of cam vampires in play?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
11 Jun 2019 08:09 #95365 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Ridicule from harpies
First off I kinda like your solution of tying to number of camarilla, though I would make it number you control or untitled Cam in whole table as otherwise blood burned for single failed action could get rather absurd with 2-3 Cam players in the table.

Lets do numbers for my original desing. Optimistic but still realistic early game situation would be two Cam weenies in play one locked with Mr. Winthrop / sportbike, one just influenced out. In hand single wake and two Ridicules. Weenie with intercept wakes and blocks, hands for 1 (or maybe they play majesty) and after combat both weenies play ridicule. That is 3 blood off single minion, 5 if they are titled. Should we lucky and also have Neighborhood Watch Commander in play there is even change we could torpor someone or very least force them to hunt next turn instead of doing more hostile actions toward us.

How many do you need to have in 60 card deck to pull this off? Six you mentioned might be good for 60-70 card deck. Your version where it's tied to number of Cam vampires would work even with few prayerish copies to throw when opportunity presents itself.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds