file Nosferatu - Give them some love...

04 Aug 2019 20:59 #96138 by BlueSadDoll

No, no, I would totally bypass boosting disciplines. It will help others more than Nosferatu. And I totally don't recommend giving Nosferatu bounce, reduce, +bleed, prevent dmg. cards.

What do you think about cards that require ANI POT, ANI OBF or POT OBF? Like Shadow Boxing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2019 21:33 - 04 Aug 2019 21:35 #96139 by Mewcat

No, no, I would totally bypass boosting disciplines. It will help others more than Nosferatu. And I totally don't recommend giving Nosferatu bounce, reduce, +bleed, prevent dmg. cards.

What do you think about cards that require ANI POT, ANI OBF or POT OBF? Like Shadow Boxing.

Multi disc cards need to become a thing to shake up the way people build decks. Gating string effects like this makes sense instead of 2nd trad outperforming several dual disc at superior.

Shadow boxing is kind of meh. Combat is not consistent and also suffers from the odd problem that an unblocked rush is not much different that getting blocked. There should be real incentive to block and then maybe it will be more useful.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 21:35 by Mewcat.

More
06 Aug 2019 11:25 #96186 by Palamedes
I see multi-disc cards as a double-edged sword, it can be good, but in most cases it's playable just with one big-cap or two mid-cap ready minions. For example Animal Magnetism is good, but with inferior disciplines it's worth nothing. If a card offers a good option with inferior disciplines then it's great (e.g. Forced March).

I see Shadow Boxing as bad card, if I have superior OBF (and POT), why wasteing time with some random blocker, when I can use stealth to hit the right targer. Instead of Shadow Boxing I will probably put some Swallowed by the Night, which is usable in more situation.

If Shadow Boxing were like this, then I would consider it as good card:

Shadow Boxing
:obf: :pot: :combat: Maneuver or press.
:OBF: :POT: :combat: As above, and if the blocking minion is not ready at the end of the combat, this vampire can burns 1 blood to continue the action as if unblocked.
:OBF: :POT: :modifier: Only usable after a combat resulting from a block. Not usable if the blocking minion is ready. This vampire continue the action as if unblocked.

More
06 Aug 2019 13:14 #96187 by Mewcat

I see Shadow Boxing as bad card, if I have superior OBF (and POT), why wasteing time with some random blocker, when I can use stealth to hit the right targer. Instead of Shadow Boxing I will probably put some Swallowed by the Night, which is usable in more situation.

As is shadow boxing offers less than a basic discipline level of effect for 2 disc at basic and about a basic discipline level of effect for 2 disc at superior. This is not appealing.

More
14 Aug 2019 12:40 - 14 Aug 2019 12:42 #96279 by Palamedes

I did design a card that allows for (D) actions that let you guess for a card by name, and if you hit that from the target's hand they'll discard that card and burn 2 pool. I think it was called Brood of Brokers. You might find that and other cards I designed for Nosferatu back then with a quick search.

Original card text:
Warning: Spoiler!

I find your "Brood of Brokers" card. This is good card, and it fits well with my cards ideas. It can have good interaction with "Net Caffe Basement" - when you look at pray's top 4 Library cards, you can guess up to 4 cards if you follow his drawing. This creates a feel of stalking and brings something new to the game. And it really looks like Nosferatu behavior.

This is my suggestion, with a slight modification, to avoid possible cheating:

Brood of Brokers
Action
Nosferatu

+1 Stealth Action
Unique. Put this card in play. Any Nosferatu you control may take a (D) action against your Prey: Name a card. Your Pray discard named card and burn 2 pool. If your Pray doesn't have named card, look at his Hand and you burn 2 pool. Any vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

And yes, "The Barrens" can kill this strategy (and you, with my suggestion) :D
Last edit: 14 Aug 2019 12:42 by Palamedes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
14 Aug 2019 15:55 #96282 by Kraus
Nice. :) Grand.

This is a fun idea for a draw back to force a combo. It might make it practically unusable without a combo however. Another idea was to force the target to show their hand to their Prey. That player might or might not share information about their suffering predator.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds