file [Submissions] Trenchcoats and Katanas

14 Nov 2019 03:58 - 14 Nov 2019 03:58 #97809 by Boris The Blade
Sure, and the :nosf: and :assa: remind us every day of how strong :obf: is coupled with combat disciplines :whistle:
Last edit: 14 Nov 2019 03:58 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2019 08:15 #97810 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas

Sure, and the :nosf: and :assa: remind us every day of how strong :obf: is coupled with combat disciplines :whistle:

4-6 Swallowed by the night are usual in all such decks of mine. ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
14 Nov 2019 13:03 - 14 Nov 2019 13:11 #97811 by Boris The Blade
Good luck getting weapons with those. Your game plan is to fold over if your predator flips Neighbor John first? If you have issues with chump blockers, then it means your main delivery system has already worked to scare off the real blockers. That is a completely different situation from having to set up your combat in the first place.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2019 13:11 by Boris The Blade.

More
14 Nov 2019 13:53 #97812 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas

Your game plan is to fold over if your predator flips Neighbor John first?

Why should I care about NJ if I got 2-3 stealth for equip action?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
14 Nov 2019 17:07 #97815 by LivesByProxy
I'm curious, how often do you guys see Hidden Lurker and Mask of 1K Faces being played in a combat tricks deck? Seems like Obfuscate grants unique tools to get into specific combat situations beyond just playing generic +stealth modifiers onto a generic rush action.

As for Trenchcoats and Katanas - burning the Trenchcoat seems weird from a flavor perspective. I think Neo (The Matrix) and Blade both kept their trenchcoats throughout most of their action scenes.

What if the Trenchcoat let you place a weapon card facedown beneath it when it is equipped, and you could then equip that weapon during combat before range is determined.

Also, I find it weird that melee weapons in the lore were suppose to be deadlier than bullets, and that something like a Bastard Sword or Katana would be great for beheading vampires... and yet, the only thing close to doing that is Garrote? IMO, Bastard Sword & Katana should let you potentially burn the opposing vamp if it damages them below 0 blood. Maybe a Blood Hunt would be called, IDK. It isn't technically diablerie.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
14 Nov 2019 18:09 #97817 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas

I'm curious, how often do you guys see Hidden Lurker and Mask of 1K Faces being played in a combat tricks deck?

Never, outside of goofy non-PTW decks. Those cards are both terrible for combat decks unless the deck is deliberately built so that only some of its minions are good at combat, and that's a recipe for the deck being bad.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds